1/17 Report

ollie

Capps is such a funny creek, one day its on and one day its skunk city.  I would help if they put a slot limit on the White Ribbon streams.  Keep the 12', protect the 13-20, anything over 20 is fair game if you are into trophy hunting (this is coming from a C&R guy).  

Jigs, Jigs, Jigs and you'll get at least one.  

Tel them how we did Buzz.  Give them a report from yesterday.  Your turn.

"you can always beat the keeper, but you can never beat the post"

There are only three things in life that are certain : death, taxes, and the wind blowing at Capps Creek!

• Members

I fished Capps a week ago today. I haven't fished it a whole lot but fished from the mill all the way down stream quite a ways. I saw a good amount of rainbows but couldn't land any. I'm relatively new to fly fishing (since this past summer) and could use any pointers. I imagine it will just be experience and learning the stream. It was still a great trip even though it was freezing cold because it's so beautiful there. 

12 minutes ago, Skell9653 said:

I fished Capps a week ago today. I haven't fished it a whole lot but fished from the mill all the way down stream quite a ways. I saw a good amount of rainbows but couldn't land any. I'm relatively new to fly fishing (since this past summer) and could use any pointers. I imagine it will just be experience and learning the stream. It was still a great trip even though it was freezing cold because it's so beautiful there. 

p.m. sent