OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rusty

Shell Knob area

Two real close:

http://www.shellknob.com/golf.htm

Have no idea what good implies since I do not golf. For me it would have to have a sizable water hazard where I could launch a 21' Skeeter.

There's also a course in Cassville that many if not most real golfers prefer, maybe 20 minutes away. I have a friend that is an avid golfer and that is where he goes, says it is "not bad" and has real good seasonal rates/memberships, whatever you call them. He travels all around the region hitting the white balls so I guess it is OK.

The only reason I ask, my great uncle use to run it back in the 70's and 80's. Skeeter was his name and he was a really cewl dude. The man was legally blind and could hit a ball better than most with 20/20 vision. He wanted me stay a couple of summers with him so he could teach me the game. That never happened, sorry to say. I can remember going there with my parents, but to this day I can't tell you how to get there. I sure do miss him.