"NEKO RIG" . . . not NED RIG . . . anyone ever try it on TRL? any success? see VIDEO below . . .

wareaglecamo

I had never heard of it until a couple of days ago . . . evidently developed by Japanese tournament anglers and showed up, with success, on the FLW tour in 2010-2011 . . . looks like it deserves a try . . . 

I think from experience that most of that shaking comes from the design of the worm. I like how supple the one looks in the video is I used to fish tht style of worm years ago. They were called ring worms. I bet l can rig that thing texas style or put a split shot about 2" in front of that worm and make it do all kinds of girrations. I would love to see the return of the original ringworm. I have fished them unweighted and made the  dance and fall over brush. Something struggling  up above that brushpile is very exciting to the bass. 

You can do the same thing with a nail weight in the head of the worm, or snip the hook off of a cheap ball head and glue it in. The nail works a little better because a head, or the Neko weight, will catch in the cracks in chunk rock. Nail weighted worm just drags over it.

Plug is right about the design. More flexible than something like a senko. Weight just keeps it glued in one place. Kind of like a full size Zinkerz or Zero on a big shakey head.

12 minutes ago, Fish24/7 said:

how I make  Neko weights

try it with the hitchiker/keeper spring in the middle of the weight or at the top 

with the  keeper sping positioned in the middle of the weight it works like a football design for dragging . 

15839_is.jpg.7ab3b3f5ad23a2dfe98ffe5ad88hookweight.jpg.4f206b3a3ba3ac2622de8f30eimg129.jpg.440903738f07a593466f5aa8941d7

Slick.

Just now, dtrs5kprs said:

Slick.

Indeed. Love to see how people reinvent wheels when it comes to fishing or anything really. I would think that it would be better to have the weight vertical as opposed to how he has it horizontally to reduce drag/surface area along the bottom thus less snags. I'm sure either way works in the end. Thanks for sharing.

i am headed down to springfield tomorrow wrench. I sure want to check out that worm he had in the video. If i get some will be using it on a jig head. It looked real supple in that video.