BFL angler stabbed to death after tournament

Sore Thumbs

Definitely. Glocks are the perfect companion for this reason lol. 

If it was a situation where it was going to take some investigation to be completely certain you were justified it could quite possibly be very difficult to buy another gun. I'm really not sure though. Hopefully I never come remotely close to finding out. 

The younger brother is a WAY better man than me evidently.  There is no way in hell after he crashed the car that he gets out of that car alive. If I had to sharpen a stick into a spear to do the job it would have been done somehow someway.

Too bad the car didn't catch fire and the scum burned to death begging for help.

I have a sister and her family and my mother that live in Natchitoches, so I visit pretty often. Was just there a couple of weeks ago. Seems a quaint, sleepy little town to me. Very sorry to hear about something like this happening there. Sad new world we're living in these days.

John B

08 Skeeter SL210, 225F Yamaha

I DO know they confiscate the weapon. For how long, it all depends on the investigation, the police department (if they want to keep it) and if it will need to be used as evidence in a trial. Not sure about buying a new one right away --- thats why I have 3.

4 hours ago, cheesemaster said:

I DO know they confiscate the weapon. For how long, it all depends on the investigation, the police department (if they want to keep it) and if it will need to be used as evidence in a trial. Not sure about buying a new one right away --- thats why I have 3.

Seems to me that if you are determined unable to buy one then you are also determined ineligible to own one.   

Gun laws are a mess.  I know we have several LEO's on here, yet none are chiming in.   I suspect that even they do not know.   The laws seem to be written so that the interpretation can be flexed to meet different agenda's.

That would be a terrible thing to have all of your guns confiscated because you used one in self defense. Thats like saying guilty until proven innocent. Odds are if you can't have any you are probably in a place that has a toilet and a bed all in the same room. 

Here's the thing though....  In the case of this kid nobody saw a knife.   His partner thought the dude just punched him in the chest, right ?     Even if the victim was armed, at no time before he was stabbed was he justified BY LAW to shoot anyone.    A man with one hand behind his back can't just be shot, regardless of how mean he looks.

You can say "if the kid had a gun he'd still be alive" all you want.  Yeah he might still be alive.....but he might wish he was dead after the "system" gets done with him.

Here is the text from the MSHP brochure:  The text is taken directly from the MO revised Statute 571.

http://www.mshp.dps.mo.gov/MSHPWeb/Publications/Brochures/documents/SHP-863.pdf

Scrho+fBqFtyWjhPt6sAAAAglJQDAAAAEEPKAQAA

So if you use your weapon, your first comments and the circumstances should be that you acted in self-defense.  It will still need to be sorted out and your weapon and your CCW permit will most likely be held as evidence until the investigation is completed. If you are exonerated, they should be returned to you.

Mike