How many rods/reels is enough?

gitnby

Bass Pro is having their rod/reel trade in deal starting next week, and I have some gift cards, so I thought I would pick up an extra reel.

It got me to counting my rigs, and including the rods I keep on the dock for guests, I now have 26 working outfits, and a few extra rods with no reels.

And, I don't even fish that much?

11057983_10153508679248421_1388958663587

well, I fish for a little bit of everything. So, I have panfish setups. I have catfishing setups. I have flyrods. I have crappie jigging poles. I have trout spinning gear. I think I even have a few bass fishing combos. I have rods that I value to much to take on creek trips. I have rods that I really like, but if they are lost at sea on a float trip I will survive.

They add up over time. I need to thin the herd myself, but I am thinking about adding a couple of dock shooting combos so.....

Every Saint has a past, every Sinner has a future. On Instagram @hamneedstofish

As you get older they just start to grow. I have the first rod my dad ever gave me in the 50's on a display rack., and at 65 years have less than one a year since then. Still adds up to about 45 set-ups. If I just fished bass there would be far fewer. Coming from the North, I have Musky rods and Canada rods. Here I had to buy Striper set-ups. It adds up. Usually about 12 in the boat depending on the days quarry. About this time of year I eyeball which one has seen its day and select it for the BP exchange. Going to try the new Quantum Throttle for drop shotting and a Browning 6'10" ML. I quit smoking this year so I can justify a reward with the saved $$$. 

LOL, at least I am not that bad.  I have spent the last several years upgrading to better rods and reels, the old or cheap ones I put in our church garage sale or give away.  Don't think I have more than 20 left.  :(