Wiggle Wart Or Spro Rock Crawler?

eyedabassman

Anyone planning to fish a Wart or Rock Crawler when the water temp is below 50 would do themselves well to get on YouTube and search Wiggle Wart and Dave Barker. He's wearing a blue 100mph rainsuit throughout the vid. Pretty sure I posted the link here not long ago but that search will turn it up immediately. One of the best pieces of fishing instruction I've ever seen from one of the best to ever launch a boat in this region.

ClassActionTransparent.png

Lol, at least 10,000 of those are mine. Dave Barker is somewhat of a hero of mine. One of those guys that every time I picked up a Central Pro Am magazine or Heartland magazine at the marina his name was almost always among the top tourney finishers on any of the Ozark lakes. Heck of a fisherman.

The answer is Both. I have a medium action rod rigged with 10lb for the wart & a MH action with 12lb line for the RK Crawler. 

I would say they're equal in numbers of fish caught. 

16 hours ago, mjk86 said:

Teckel USA I think makes a wart knockoff...the drunker maybe?

The Teckel Drunker is a great looking bait. I've bought a few but haven't been able to fish em yet. Great colors... Body is slightly smaller than a wart. But it's supposed to hit 10 ft. The bill is also kinda squared off instead of a round bill like the wart. Looking forward to giving it a try this spring.

I'm mainly a wart guy myself. Haven't thrown the RK Crawler yet. The A10's from Skirmish are a great bait too. Basically a dead knockoff of the wart but it gets a couple feet deeper.

11 hours ago, abkeenan said:

If you want a GIANT craw imitation bait, Wave Worm makes a Tiki Lobster that is 7" and bulky. I bought a few packs a couple years back when they were .99 on clearance at TW. They are HUGE and are HEAVY. Only 2 to a pack they are so big. But they do match the big crawdads that inhabit Table Rock pretty dang well.

I think they are discontinued but you can find them pretty cheap if you wanted to give them a look.

http://www.overstockbait.com/Wave-Worms-Tiki-Lobster-7-p/tlb-.htm

TLB--2.jpg?1447961695

Hahaha I bought a bag of these too Brett when TW had em for $.99... You won't believe how big these are until you see them in person... You would literally need a 12/0  hook to throw em. The tail is as thick as a hot dog!

42 minutes ago, MOsmallies said:

Hahaha I bought a bag of these too Brett when TW had em for $.99... You won't believe how big these are until you see them in person... You would literally need a 12/0  hook to throw em. The tail is as thick as a hot dog!

Ya for .99 I had to feed the bait monkey. I got them and was like HOLY CRAP. I thought that I may get busted by MDC using them because someone would report me for fishing with dynamite or electroshock. Because there would be a ton of floating fish around my boat with all the fish having heart attacks with just a glimpse of these things. 

I haven't played around with them in a few years and Trokar has since come out with some giant monster EWG hooks that could work well. A standard J or worm hook just doesn't have the gap/bite clearance for the formidable bulkiness of the  "hot dog craw". This is anything but finesse and Dave might be floating next to my boat as well if he saw me chucking one of these babies.

8 hours ago, abkeenan said:

Ya for .99 I had to feed the bait monkey. I got them and was like HOLY CRAP. I thought that I may get busted by MDC using them because someone would report me for fishing with dynamite or electroshock. Because there would be a ton of floating fish around my boat with all the fish having heart attacks with just a glimpse of these things. 

I haven't played around with them in a few years and Trokar has since come out with some giant monster EWG hooks that could work well. A standard J or worm hook just doesn't have the gap/bite clearance for the formidable bulkiness of the  "hot dog craw". This is anything but finesse and Dave might be floating next to my boat as well if he saw me chucking one of these babies.

IMG_20160207_155701139.jpg.16d89d126b3a7

I am nothing if not a proponent of diversity.