OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
bkbying89

Why is A. Bushes thread in the Rivers and Streams forum?

It's been a very long time but I recall catching a good mix out of Dardenne Creek. You have to go early or the nettle and chiggers will kick your........

10 minutes ago, Greasy B said:

It's been a very long time but I recall catching a good mix out of Dardenne Creek. You have to go early or the nettle and chiggers will kick your........

X2

When ever I played at the St Peter golf course I always walk over to the creek for a look, last time I spotted a channel cat sipping something off the surface, it look about 10lbs. 

A good looking creek spot is Rabbit Run Park.  Can literally park and fish from your tailgate by the looks of it.  Don't know if the fishing is worth a darn.  To the south of the Dardenne Greenway Trail it forms a pretty good sized pool, but don't confuse it for the neighboring private pond.

I've caught many nice fish out of dardenne at busch.  A lot of green sunfish, longear, and largemouth.  I've actually caught 2 over 2lbs believe it or not.  On poppers.  I'll look back through my photos and see if i can find a pic.  It's a fun place close to home.  Yes i always wear waders especially once the vegetation gets thick on the trails...