4/11 Report

• Members

Lake 33 from 6:30-8:00.  Tried dipping the north bank with a long pole and jig.  Caught two 5" crappies.  Saw quite a few hitting bugs on the surface, would probably be a great time to use a fly rod.  I expected a least a few of the larger crappie to be in tight, but apparently not yet.

I've had more luck with bluegill lately than crappie.

I've only had luck with the small crappie on lake 33 recently. But I have mainly fished for crappie there too. Did catch a 9" and 2 8" about 2 weeks ago but since, I haven't been able to connect on anything that size or bigger. Most of mine have still been out from maybe 10 yards out from shore though.

I was at Lake 33, afternoon into evening as well yesterday and did good too. Towards the evening seemed to be the best, but throughout the day the crappie were cooperating. Got maybe 16-17 fish total from the bank. 14-15 crappie, a channel cat, and a bluegill. Mostly dinks like usual though, but I did catch one that was 10 1/2 and then my gf pulled in one even fatter that was 11" and some change. We kept those, the other ones we let go.  Most of them were still like 10-15 yards out though. But I don't think I had set the slip bobber so the tube was deeper than 2 1/2 feet, and most of the time it was even higher up in the water than that.