Bass Cat Owners Invitational 2016

Ham

• Members

Pretty sure some of the big sacks in some of the winter series came from the pontiac theodosia area. We had a good trip in the first wbot fishing all day in Oakland finished 5th and not too far out of first. This was before the arig bite got going good. Couple years back when they were running the get5 winter series we won the first one and never got more than a 5 minutes boat ride from bullshoals dock. 

Keep in mind alot of winter series rotate out of Buck creek, peel, or diamond city. 

50 minutes ago, Sprint21fter said:

None taken, I took a nap when we went past the mouth of theodosha it was a smooth ride after that, we had several boats white knucklin past us going 75- 80 mph.

Saw a 350 Merc on the back of one 

ZZZZZZOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!! 

7 hours ago, Sprint21fter said:

None taken, I took a nap when we went past the mouth of theodosha it was a smooth ride after that, we had several boats white knucklin past us going 75- 80 mph.

I'm not good enough at the wheel to run my boat at 70 MPH thru that slop. I was struggling to push it to 63 MPH and taking a pounding doing that. I was basically crossing wakes at WOT for 20 solid minutes. The waves were braided together coming from all directions rebounding of the bluffs. It got better by the time you got past Music Creek. It was still pretty crappy for us well after the left turn at Oakland.

I have a few years at the helm and I only got passed by one boat. It was tough sledding. I passed at least 5 other boats, but again that's largely a function of the number of ponies. I wasn't pulling my boat, I was just trying to hang on.

Every Saint has a past, every Sinner has a future. On Instagram @hamneedstofish

We saw you guys buzzing around the main bay with 1-2 footers.

We fished the wind and tried to not let it bother us..

It was a tough bite but we managed to catch fish jigging, trolling and tossing cranks.

Lotsa small fish which helped combat the conditions.

We were not in your tourney..

I fish a crestliner which felt at home with the waves and wind..

My first Central Pro-Am tournament as an amateur was on Bull. The second morning it was 28 degrees up by the dam and we fished the K-dock area. Did pretty good too. If I would have been with that guy the first day too I would have made some money. But It was a cold trip in the morning.