Slow day fishing below Dam

Go out late and didn't begin fishing until after 8 am. Partly cloudy with more clouds in the early afternoon. The wind was constant with heavy winds at times from the east. Made strike detection somewhat difficult. Some fish were getting caught on singles and tandem jig rigs. Seems like most folks caught at least one fish, but few had more than two or three this morning. One guy next to me had success with a stringer full of whites and decent sized hybrids. Most fish caught along the banks were whites and hybrids. Very few crappie and even fewer keeper crappie were caught. Lots of jigs lost  during the morning, but I could not connect on any fish using the jig rigs. I was more successful with an olive green X-rap with a single white caught on both sides of the tailwater. I also caught a sub-keeper largemouth and my first Truman hybrid down near the boat restriction markers.

The hybrid was 18" and over three pounds and should make a nice dinner.

Wiper hybrid (1) - Tuman Dam - 16Apr16.JPG

Nice catch, hybrids are always a hoot to catch.  You may have missed the prime window but did you witness any sort of topwater action?  It's been a few weeks since I went up there.  Hopefully this storm coming through will help create more water release. 

There did not seem to be any water running while I was there. A few shad were breaking the surface every once in a while, but it didn't seem to be driven by predatory, I.e., white or hybrid bass, feeding activity. The carp and possibly paddlefish were also breaking the surface, but not as much as I have seen on past trips..