Speaking of snakes....

fishinwrench

Not a copperhead.  Round eyes, not cat eye pupils.  Pattern shows that it may be a number of non poisonous snakes in their youth.  Pic is bad but I am guessing a young black rat snake.

With that color and pattern, I would be more worried about a rattlesnake.  It looks like one of those more than a copperhead.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

Wrench, I would bet it is a young northern water snake.  AKA  cottonmouth/ moccasin.   :lol:    Harmless tadpole eater,crawdad trap heart stopper.

Also we need some perspective on its size, possibly held up against a hand or near a face.

I agree with JD with my first thought that it is a young ratsnake.

3 hours ago, Quillback said:

Picture is taken from too far away, we need you to get much closer and take another pic.  :D

I didn't take it, she sent it to me saying "OMG THERE'S A COPPERHEAD IN MY MUDROOM".   I told them it wasn't a copperhead, it was a king snake.   They look up King snake but it doesn't match any of the pics......so they still insist that it WAS a copperhead, and are worried about more of them getting in.  Of course they killed it.   I just wanna prove to them that they killed a harmless snake.