Niangua arm or the Glaize arm?

moguy1973

Looking to put my boat in for the first time this Sunday and was wondering which arm to put in at for the best water. I'd be putting in at PB1 or Larry Gale.

-- Jim

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -- Doug Larson

From what I've heard, the Glaize arm has been doing pretty good. From experience lately, the lower end (Larry Gale and south) has been pretty inconsistent.  But that being said, it's got to catch fire soon.  If I were rolling the dice, I'd go to the Big Niangua.

@lozcrappie

I fished out of Windermere and Larry Gale 3 days with mixed results.  Saturday we had 24 total, Monday 30, Tuesday 13 all with two of us in the boat.  Nothing was on the bank yet and the males didn't have scarred up tails.  I think the best is yet to come.  I am going to Memphis this weekend to visit my brother so I am not fishing.  My wife and I are planning to take the camper to Windermere on the 29th and camp/fish for the weekend.  Hope we don't miss the spawn.  Good luck.

Earl Stuart

fishin is livin

I'm thinking the BN will be ON next week, but who knows.  Bro-in-law down there now on the BN around the 5 bridge and catching a few about 20' off the bank about 2-3 ft down, nothing special.  So hopefully next week will be it!  Water levels and temps are close to perfect for a big catch, now all we need is the crappie to cooperate.

@lozcrappie

Didn't realize it's BBB on LOZ this weekend.  Might be a little crowded out there.

-- Jim

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -- Doug Larson

The Gravois will get pounded too.  All the lower end Alhonna boys will be trying the upper Gravi because of the water temp and color.  That's why I'm out there everyday sore-mouthing as many as I can.   No sizable quality tournaments are ever held out of the Gravois access, so all the keepers get hauled out... but none ever get brought back.   The decline has become noticable over the last several years.  

• Members

My dad and all his buddies have their annual crappie trip starting tomorrow. They're on the Big Niangua around the 4MM, luckily they really don't have to leave the dock to catch fish. Told my dad about the Bash this weekend and he and his buddies had no idea about it, they're taking a boat but I don't imagine they get out much with all the traffic there will be.