White or green lights for night fishing???

Vinsott

Sat at the 12 ramp with my wife at dark to see if I could watch the commericial fisherman come out. At 9:30 when the ramp traffic just about ended here comes the sonoma with the Lowe.  I play tourist and go up to them to ask if they can catch anything at night. Older Asian couple with very broken English said white bass and striper. Had a couple of big coolers in the small boat. They must go every single night since April!!!  Have to be supplying it for sale or something. I guess legally they could keep hundreds of white bass every night for months.  Just aint right.

I could tell you several stories about commercial fishing of game fish in NW Arkansas.  It's not politically correct to report the people that are doing it, and I doubt enforcement would go after them.

A real catch-22. If you did report them....for what? No limit on white bass. How to prove they are selling the fish? Rangers/Sheriff do not have the resources to follow them home and watch them for days. What needs to be done is put a reasonable limit both daily and possession. Could we agree that 50 per angler seems more than reasonable? How about 25? Then an on the water stop could have some results. I'm not sure I understand the "not politically correct" comment. I'd sure blow the whistle if they were breaking a law and I could prove it. We all seem vested in this. How do we make it happen??  

14 hours ago, Vinsott said:

Sat at the 12 ramp with my wife at dark to see if I could watch the commericial fisherman come out. At 9:30 when the ramp traffic just about ended here comes the sonoma with the Lowe.  I play tourist and go up to them to ask if they can catch anything at night. Older Asian couple with very broken English said white bass and striper. Had a couple of big coolers in the small boat. They must go every single night since April!!!  Have to be supplying it for sale or something. I guess legally they could keep hundreds of white bass every night for months.  Just aint right.

Just amazing you are so obsessed with this guy to the point of stalking....wow.....just because he wouldn't speak to u....again wow

Gone but not forgotten Martin Ford

3 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Just amazing you are so obsessed with this guy to the point of stalking....wow.....just because he wouldn't speak to u....again wow

Ron, he's not obsessed or stalking. Just trying to get a handle on what some folks are doing in the dark that may require a change in some regs. Just sayin.

5 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I think he was simply continuing the conversation and amazement that someone can catch them like that everyday........all day.  Which is in itself quite amazing.  And in my opinion, quite damaging to the lake if done for months at a time.  If it is all white bass, he is within the law.  If selling, he is not.  That's for the officials to determine.  Of which, I rarely see and that is a problem also.  I TOTALLY support them.  I would be happy to have them check my vessel.  

Need marine repair? Send our own forum friend "fishinwrench" a message. 

He will treat you like family!!! I owe fishinwrench a lot of thanks. He has been a great mechanic with lots of patience!

I guess I am a bit "obsessed" with the the couple of fish hoarders.  I also like to see different peoples responses and opinions on the subject. I do believe that there should be a limit on white bass of 10-20 per person.  But I'm not a biologist so maybe the lake can sustain a "no limit", maybe not. My wife calls me obsessive, but a stalker?  We were also sitting at the ramp with two Sonic half price shakes enjoying being lakeside. Until the bugs got too bad. I have also always hated the Ron Burgundy movie.  Is that your real name? If so no offense to you of course. The "politically correct" statement must mean, this is what we have always done , so mind your own business. These days anything political is probably dealing with something crooked anyways so I guess sit back and let it happen???  Back to the deer hunting scenario with fishing now. There is just no earthly way anyone would need that many fish unless they were doing something with it besides feeding their family of 457 near and dear relatives. Again the Ron Burgundy movie sucks.

9 hours ago, Vinsott said:

I guess I am a bit "obsessed" with the the couple of fish hoarders.  I also like to see different peoples responses and opinions on the subject. I do believe that there should be a limit on white bass of 10-20 per person.  But I'm not a biologist so maybe the lake can sustain a "no limit", maybe not. My wife calls me obsessive, but a stalker?  We were also sitting at the ramp with two Sonic half price shakes enjoying being lakeside. Until the bugs got too bad. I have also always hated the Ron Burgundy movie.  Is that your real name? If so no offense to you of course. The "politically correct" statement must mean, this is what we have always done , so mind your own business. These days anything political is probably dealing with something crooked anyways so I guess sit back and let it happen???  Back to the deer hunting scenario with fishing now. There is just no earthly way anyone would need that many fish unless they were doing something with it besides feeding their family of 457 near and dear relatives. Again the Ron Burgundy movie sucks.

You had me at half-price Sonic shakes. :D

I won't comment on the white bass limit because I have no experience fishing for them on Beaver. But I'd SURE like to see these "citizens" busted if they're selling their catch, and I'd bet they are. Unless, like you said, they're feeding everyone they know with them.

ClassActionTransparent.png