OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Craig's Outdoor Sports

Finally finishing one of my projects!

Here is a project I just finished for myself.  This is a Remington 700 I rebarreled to 6.5 creedmoor with a shilen barrel.

I decided to try the new Dura Blue coating from Lauer Weaponry.  It made a nice paint job but nothing like a real bluing like they claim.  But, I kinda figured that to begin with.

The stock is a Boyd's left hand stock, right hand action laminate.  Bushnell 6x24 scope I had in the scope counter at the shop.  The scope crapped the bed after five shots so it is getting sent back.

I still have to either do a trigger job or get an aftermarket of some flavor, free float the barrel, and bed it.  Right now I'm just going to concentrate on working up a load and breaking in the barrel.

First 6 shots at a hundred yards tells me this should be a good shooter once I tweak it some more.  The last 2 bullet hole were touching even with the scope having shot craps on me.

Just thought I would share it here.  I am a full time gun shop and do gunsmithing so it was kinda nice to actually work on a personal project for a change.

6.5 Creedmoor build.jpg