OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
bassfisher

After rain fishing

For real how long have you guys been fishing Stockton Lake you know that after a big rain like that it's going to shut them fished out especially with the cold temperatures you might want to give it to at least Friday or Saturday for it to warm up a little bit any little slight weather change on a cold front shuts the crappie down. I've been fishing that like since I was 12 with my Dad I'm 41 years old now and it's happened that way every year not getting on to anybody I'm just stating the facts here

I've got to disagree with the fish shutting down, it changes their feeding behavior, and sometimes it can be tuff, but the don't quit eating for days.  

Ok, go ahead and yell at me, I'm used to it.  

My 40 years of fishing, and 20 years on Stockton has shown that the rain doesn't stop them from needing to find food. You may have to change your pre-rain techniques but the fish can still be caught. Those that struggle don't adjust to the change, or don't know how.  Keep fishing before, during, and after a rain and test yourself.