OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MCrump

Wet Morning 5-17-16

Buddy and I gave it a try in the spillway yesterday morning. We knew the forecast but our days off at work together seem slim, especially when the honey-do lists tie up most of our other time, so we remembered the rain gear and headed out. Got started a little after daylight and things were slow. And stayed slow. No water coming over or through the dam. I did catch 6 crappie in about 30 minutes from one location with a keeper rate of about 17% early. Then no crappie the rest of the day. It stayed slow but managed to pick up 2 smaller hybrids, 3 whites, and one smaller blue catfish spread out all morning. Gave it a break and went into town for ice, lunch, and break from the drizzle. Came back and they had started generating some with a slight rise in the water level. I was hopeful but nothing really changed, managed one more white during that hour and then gave it up. Had fun being there and getting to hear/feel the drag go out a couple times. Oh, and the water color was pretty dingy for the spillway's norm.