Summer Army Is Here

35 minutes ago, MOPanfisher said:

There you go, getting all philosophical and its only a Thursday.

Lol. Just trying to get by here ?

John

With school out the weekend is not the best time to go for sure. It's not a secluded Colorado stream but then it's only 3 hours from home!

On 5/22/2016 at 1:23 PM, Old plug said:

Lots of drunks amd druggies as well.

The secret is to go before they can wake and deal with their hangovers. Sadly, there is always some fool that passed out early and hits the water by 6;30.

Where else can you go to enjoy the day trout fishing and take a swim in the same spot . Just came back from BSSP and noticed a couple taking a swim at the end of the first wing dam past the Guage House . Maybe they had to many beers in the parking lot and thought they were at the river . Totally no respect for rules . Everywhere I looked adults and kids were playing in the water not even fishing . What the hell ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2016 at 10:50 PM, upstream said:

Where else can you go to enjoy the day trout fishing and take a swim in the same spot . Just came back from BSSP and noticed a couple taking a swim at the end of the first wing dam past the Guage House . Maybe they had to many beers in the parking lot and thought they were at the river . Totally no respect for rules . Everywhere I looked adults and kids were playing in the water not even fishing . What the hell ?

That sign that says "wading by fishermen only" must be confusing.

The way Laker and Mrs. T put the hammer on me yesterday at Bennett, I would have been as well off taking a swim. Course the way it was going i probably would have drown and I was always a strong swimmer! Might be a Desloge thing as Al posted he has been in a slump lately too. 

Heading down tomorrow for the weekend.  I didn't realize this was free fishing weekend and from the sounds of things, it may not be that great of an outing, we will see.  Anyone ever fish the free weekend, and it is more of a zoo than usual?  Maybe the heat will keep the crowds manageable.  We went one weekend in June last year and the place was dead.       

I have fished the park during free fish wknd before and don't remember it being too crazy.  All the manicured spots that are easy to get to will be crowded but areas like the High-bank hole probably won't be.   Most of the insanity goes on in the store and parking lots.  

I agree with Wrench. I accidently ended up fishing the Sunday of the free weekend last year and really didn't have any more incidents than on any other weekend. Now I didn't begin fishing until after 9 am. So that may have helped as well.