Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eric82

Just a little guy.

5 posts in this topic

Well my smallmouth chasing has been thwarted thus far this weekend. So I told myself maybe try for some trout today.  Got to Lane Spring this morning hoping for the best.  Chocolate milk.  So I decided to see if Montauk conditions were better. A lot better.  While the water was up some it wasn't in too bad of shape.  The weather cooperated while I was there and I caught a few. I caught this little guy as well.  This was the second time this year I've caught a parr marked trout at montauk.  Wondering again if possible stream bred.  I like to think it was. Haha. 

GOPR1138_1464393356129_high.JPG

GOPR1133_1464393444796_high.JPG

Unless he escaped from the hatchery, I'm thinking that was a stream bred fish.  They don't let fish that small go in the stream.

Pretty little feller.

bkbying89 and Eric82 like this

Its pretty likely a stream bred fish. My first trout in the LP wasn't any bigger than that one. Pretty fish!

bkbying89 and Eric82 like this

I would think that is stream bred as well. Surprised the stream looked that good with all the rain. Glad you had a good day. Then again a bad days fishing.

Eric82 likes this

Yeah I was surprised it looked so good as well. LP has definitely became my favorite trout stream. 

bkbying89 likes this