Olympus TG-870

Flysmallie

26 minutes ago, Flysmallie said:

I've been shooting some little plastic dinosaurs off my deck with a Red Rider BB gun. Can't see why anyone would need anything else.

Zebco 33s work too.

Please explain why you have all those other ridiculous toys?

Says the man with the drone :) .  Get after him Ronnie!

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

Calm down there, Rhonda!   I wasn't being snarky about your toys, I was just expressing my amazement at the pic quality that the newer smartphones are capable of.   2014-06-17_11-35-23_815-1.jpg

IMG_20150926_193000.jpg

I mean I openly admitted that I lack the eyes for truly good photography, but seriously how much more detail would anyone need of a Zebra mussel, or my germ infested hand?

Look at that life-line will ya!   I bet I live to be 116 at least!  Cigarettes and carb cleaner be dammed.

Smart phones do take great up close, people or fish snapshots. And decent close to mid-range landscapes or group photos. But when you’re alone and trying to get a fish pic they’re hard to handle when operating with one hand. A Pop Socket makes it easier, but is not as good as an ergonomic camera with a strap. A camera will give you versatility, durability, water resistance or be water proof — but in many snapshot situations a phone will do as good, or better —just don’t drop it too often.

I think the vast majority of people now are taking photos and never looking at them on anything but a phone or maybe a tablet, so a phone is fine. If you want more than snapshots or plan to enlarge, print or view on a computer or TV, a camera, in the right hands, will produce much better results. 

Ronnie —too bad about your camera. That shouldn’t have happened.

John