Screw it I'm buying a kayak.

I bought a used native ultimate 14.5 for $850 off CL.  It is a sweet boat but it is a hybrid between a SOT and a canoe- plus side is that it holds 2 people (or 1) and you can easily stand in it.  It also paddles pretty well and only weighs about 60 lbs.  Holds up to something like 500 lbs.  I've been taking it out on the Arkansas and poling around for carp on the fly recently- lots of fun.

5 hours ago, Flysmallie said:

Yeah I was really lucky. Mine was all stress related and I didn't have a heart attack. But I got to spend the night in the hospital and have all kinds of tests that all came back positive. Ticker is good. No blockage. Cholesterol good. All blood work was good. Really high blood pressure that is now under control by meds and hopefully under control by diet in the future. My doctor told me I was the healthiest fat guy he has as a patient. I guess that's a compliment. 

Hahahaha well that's  good to hear...I wanted to show you a new edition  to my Coosa....I picked up an Alec Lansing Bluetooth speaker that is waterproof  to 50ft, shockproof and it floats, it also attaches with any Gopro  mount to my yak....I know it's gay but you have have fun with this stuff

20160622_144722.jpg

20160622_162321.jpg

1466631066812.jpg

1466631126045.jpg

We just bought our first yak and my son is having a blast with it...you can literally launch them ANYWHERE.  Rigging it out has been fun as well, we have spent some good time together both in the garage and on the water.  He found all kinds of neat ideas online we have added a PVC rod rock that mounts in the existing recessed holders behind the seat, stainless clasps for better tie downs and carrying, he made his own leashes out of weedeater line and a really nice milk crate storage tote he straps behind the seat that holds a lot.  The thing has more storage than I think you could ever need on a yak.  Next he wants to add an anchor trolley, it will be going to Florida with us soon.

Now that I think about it, I could drop the seats down and slide a yak into the back of my SUV pretty easily. Oh crap, that thought may have cost me $$$$

John

8 hours ago, ness said:

Now that I think about it, I could drop the seats down and slide a yak into the back of my SUV pretty easily. Oh crap, that thought may have cost me $$$$

Why? You don't even fish anymore do you???