Ned Rig Kit

MOsmallies

• Members

I've had the same issue with the Elaztech's getting too hot and gooping when out of their bags.  I pre-rigged up a bunch of them with Loctite and everything, arranged them all in a Plano and stored them in my garage.  Learned quickly that was a poor place to store plastics when I went out there to grab them for a fishing trip and half of them had flattened/melted.  Now I just keep them in the bags and pre-rig the night before based on what I think I will use.  

They shouldn't be turning to goop unless exposed to plastisol, and/or high heat. As in over 100 for prolonged periods.

The box thing just happens. Boxes are about $5, so I don't worry about it either. I go through one every couple of years, depending on how curled the edges get. I've also had edges curl on boxes full of flukes, trick worms, fish docs, etc. I'm not sure how much is the heat combined with any plastic, and how much is elaztech specific. 

I keep most of my extra baits in original bags, in either a big open deep Plano, or binders. They will take a set like any other plastic bait, so try not to bend or squish them.

I also keep a pencil/bank bag with the front line colors and baits. It's the yellow bag in the video. Then there is a slim 3600 with rigged baits, and a few pre-cut sticks. It also serves as a catch all for any other elaztech baits I take off, keeping them separate from regular baits.

Increasingly, I think I could eliminate that issue by only having elaztech in the boat. Only a very few other baits I would need.

I made the mistake of putting a senco in the same box with mine and even though they didn't touch a really bad chemical reaction started. So after watching the above video, I still put the jig heads on, then put them in the bags then fold the bags up in the box. I combine 3 bags into one same color in each bag. At almost $6 per bag, I am not willing to loose all of them again by not following directions, also I was not able to use them on a day the fish were dialed in on the ned and went through two bags of senckos since I had to replace them every other fish.

I never read the bag, so that is the reason I shared the video, just in case someone else finds a load of goop where there neds used to be they can see they are not alone.

I decided to go the binder route with my Ned stuff.  Academy has a cool little binder with a small box on the front of it.  I keep the jigs and glue in the box, and the Zinkerz in the bags, and you could keep the original bags this way if you wanted:

http://www.academy.com/shop/ProductDisplay?urlRequestType=Base&productId=3421565&catalogId=10051&categoryId=&errorViewName=ProductDisplayErrorView&urlLangId=-1&attr=&langId=-1&top_category=&parent_category_rn=&storeId=10151#repChildCatid=3421566

15 hours ago, Longball22 said:

I decided to go the binder route with my Ned stuff.  Academy has a cool little binder with a small box on the front of it.  I keep the jigs and glue in the box, and the Zinkerz in the bags, and you could keep the original bags this way if you wanted:

http://www.academy.com/shop/ProductDisplay?urlRequestType=Base&productId=3421565&catalogId=10051&categoryId=&errorViewName=ProductDisplayErrorView&urlLangId=-1&attr=&langId=-1&top_category=&parent_category_rn=&storeId=10151#repChildCatid=3421566

I was pretty inspired by the should strap feature until I considered that it might cover up some of the logos on my jersey. Maybe I could use the shoulder strap to attach it to my Power Poles? Looks like a pretty sturdy rig so it could probably stand up to flapping in the wind behind me while running down the lake.

Seriously, looks like a nice bag. I might go this route myself.

ClassActionTransparent.png

13 minutes ago, Champ188 said:

I was pretty inspired by the should strap feature until I considered that it might cover up some of the logos on my jersey. Maybe I could use the shoulder strap to attach it to my Power Poles? Looks like a pretty sturdy rig so it could probably stand up to flapping in the wind behind me while running down the lake.

Seriously, looks like a nice bag. I might go this route myself.

Yes you would be sure to tick off some of your sponsors if you did anything that might cover up any of their logos.  I do think that's a great idea to attach the bag to one of the power poles.  Might I suggest one of those red Arkansas Hog flags for your other Power Pole?  A nice big flag, about 6' X 4'.

You guys with sponsors and jerseys kill me. I tried to get sponsors, but they all said my boat was too small, too slow, and I was too short.