Caught a Few Today

Flysmallie

Well I decided to try and catch a stickbait bass today instead of going after the whites at Stockton. Almost went north to Stockton anyway but Shell Knob was calling my name.

Me and my dad got there around 1:30 and fished until about 5. Caught 8 fish, all on stickbaits, with 3 nice keepers. Lost several more and Dad lost a good fish right by the boat. Well I say it was right by the boat, but we never got a look at it.

Hey Matt, that stickbait is the one! And they were right where you thought they would be.

We fished the mouth of the Kings. All the keepers, including the ones we lost, where within 100 yards of each other.

I caught these two on consecutive casts.

TR_bass1.jpg

Those are a couple of nice slobs to get things rolling early in the season. It's a great thing that you get to fish with your dad.

Thanks for sharing the pic.

Don

Don May

I caught you a delicious bass.

Ronnie-- Good work man. Good to hear someone gets to get out and fish while the rest of us have to stay home and work!!!!

Guys, Ronnie called me on his way to Shell Knob yesterday while I was working--man the guy is ruthless!!!

When you figure out how to paint that stickbait let me know because that is one of the first patterns I am going to try and match--when my dang compressor finally gets here.

Nice work and I will be in touch with you soon on the painting.