Fishing report July 1-15

BIG K

• Members

Just got a home from a 2 week trip to Taneycomo. fished the trophy area everyday early mornings and afternoon. had generation everyday one or two units in the mornings building to three or four in the afternoons. morning bite was bit slow but did ok sculpin ginger jig under a float and a #16 zebra midge about 3 foot under a float along the bluff from lookout down afternoons went to the cable fished an 1/8 th ounce jig sculpin ginger orange head down to mdc boat ramp did fairly well and and drifted an egg scud combo down the center that was working well also. overall fish quanity was down for the trip but qaulity was great had four fish in the net over 20 inchs largest was 23 on the midge had several fish 18 to 19 inchs. and a heads up for you boaters water patrol gave  me a friendly reminder and expensive for no lights on at 11 AM friday in the fog i wont even begin to teel you how many kayaks i passed in the fog the last two weeks it makes my blood pressure go up to much

• Root Admin

They've been on our lake more this summer than all the summers combined... it's good but hasn't helped the kayak situation.  Just got off the lake and passes 3 big groups heading down from Lookout - all 3 were spread out all the way across the lake.  They had to split to let me through.  No fog this time of day but it'll move in soon.

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

• Members

Saw them Early Friday on the lake. They pulled 2 kyakers over and tied up to their boat. They drifted down with them and had them detained (for lack of a better word) for probably 15-20 minute's at least. It didn't look friendly but it was hard to tell. Fog was heavy and the kyakers were on the bluff side less than 15 foot off the bank when the patrol stopped them. My guess it was the light issue as Big K mentioned. We had 2 yaks with us and I'm glad the boys were never stopped. I always tell them to stay close to shore but we don't have any lights. Sounds like we need to invest in a couple of the battery operated models.

• Members

what does the missouri law state about navagation lights during  daylight hours i cant find it is it a judgement call what happens if an unlighted resort boat is out and the fog sets in

yaks are going to be a ongoing problem on Taney.Inexperienced paddlers and 4 turbins will one day cost someone their life.The fog can come in at any time depending on the weather.I have seen the outfitters tie up the upper boat ramp on more than one occasion.It riles me when the fog is heavy,and yakers are putting in.so dangerous,they don't even know it.The water patrol needs to write everyone without lights on a foggy lake,go get em

• Root Admin
14 hours ago, BIG K said:

what does the missouri law state about navagation lights during  daylight hours i cant find it is it a judgement call what happens if an unlighted resort boat is out and the fog sets in

I don't know...  I've had one officer tell me I need lights on all my boats even if they don't go out at night.  Another officer told us he liked the all round strobe LED flashing lights we put on the jons when they go out in the morning fog.

We had a guest get a warning for not having his life jackets accessible, stowed in a compartment, instead of out on the deck, a subject that was covered on the Table Rock forum a few years ago.

I want them on our lake... and I'll do the best I can to be in compliance...  we'll see what happens.

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

I've never seen lights on a drift boat.  What about 1 man pontoon boats.  Are they required?

DaddyO

We all make decisions; but, in the end, our decisions make us.