Throwing out an idea

Spoon Feeder

Here's what I'm thinking. I'm assuming each boat would have two people? I would also come down with another person and go on Bink's boat. That would be a total of twelve of us. (Assuming we have five boats. Eight people responded to this post. Darrell said he could handle five boats) If we scheduled it for the spring around late March or early April we could hopefully hit a time that we could have top water action in the early morning for stripers, spooning for walleye, 1/4 oz jig head with Mann's Grub for large and small mouth, spooning for stripers late afternoon and early evening, and working the banks with stick baits a couple hours before dark to a couple hours after dark for stripers. A few days before full moon would be best. We could try to schedule a Friday through Sunday trip if that would help for work schedules.  Darrell would normally make $1050.00 for three days of guiding. If we paid him 1500.00 that would be $125.00 for each of us. If we each gave him 150.00 that would be $1800.00. Let me know your thoughts.

bink-banner.png

Just to be clear, what do you get for $300.? It looks like you save $50 by bringing your own boat and gear??

I have reread my post, I didn't mean for it to sound rude, I have never used a guide service before, I am not sure how it goes.

Looks like for three days, no?  Any thoughts on where one might stay and if there could be a special rate negotiated?  I know others like to fish the moon, especially in spring with a top water bite...

Mike

On 8/17/2016 at 4:36 AM, dan hufferd said:

Just to be clear, what do you get for $300.? It looks like you save $50 by bringing your own boat and gear??

I have reread my post, I didn't mean for it to sound rude, I have never used a guide service before, I am not sure how it goes.

Three days guided would be $1050.00 not $350.00

bink-banner.png

9 hours ago, Spoon Feeder said:

Three days guided would be $1050.00 not $350.00

Sorry, got it I'm still in.

• Root Admin

That's $50 per person per day for 3 days of guided fishing.  If 3 people split his $1050 regular fee (and I bet that's a 2-person fee per day), you'd be paying $117 per day.  But I bet his rate is $350 for 2 people and $425 for 3 (I should look at his site but I have too much to do this morning).  So if it's $425 for 3, that's $142 per person per day.

Either way, $50 is crazy good.  I'm in!  I may grab 2 spots if this doesn't fill up.

You might think about a 3rd person fee if one boat wanted to take 3 people.  I wouldn't short-change Bink... I'd make it at least $50 per day per extra person.

And this doesn't include tip.

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

Just dropping in to say I'd like in on some of this action if there's room.