OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Donna G

Baxter 9/10 and side trip to ER

Got a late start.  Champ188 caught the skunk-buster off a windy bluff end on a blade, of course.  After no more takers on a crankbait or swimbait, we pulled the trolling motor and he was fixing me up with a different crankbait when a DD22 bit him hard.

So, we're at the ER in Berryville. ? Told him I was hungry and ready to go back fishing, so hurry up.

Forgot to mention that I caught a keeper spot on a Keitech while we drifted off the bluff and Champ was working on tackle...before the hook incident.  40 FOW and I'm seeing fish and bait from the bottom to 15 FOW.  Tried fan casting, but no love, so I dropped the swimbait over the side and let it fall almost to the bottom and then started reeling slowly.  Hadn't made two turns before the fatty clobbered it.  Fun times.

my brother hooked the glasses off my face with a crankbait one time....cast went about 30 yards with my glasses still connected to the bait...he reeled my glasses back in...put the glasses back on and back to fishing that could have been badB)

Dang, that's not good at all. Sorry you had to cut your trip short but maybe you can get back out there. ERs are not known for super speedy service, at least in my experience.  Post another report if you make it back out please.:goodjob:

20 minutes ago, denjac said:

One good thing about having a hook in your body somewhere is the ER considers it a Foreign object in your body and you get to cut ahead of the runny nosed welfare kids. I know from experience. 

Well if it isn't Mr. Upside, lol.