Wiggle Wart hooks

aarchdale@coresleep.com

4 minutes ago, 176champion said:

I have had no issues with the hooks on wiggle warts..

Im with you, i just constantly see people replacing hooks on everything and was wondering.   Most baits people are replacing hooks on baits i have caught a ton of fish with and never seen a issue.   only exception is the RC stick bait.   They tend to break easily

26 minutes ago, Ellros said:

Wiggle Wart hooks.... no problems.  Flicker Shads on the other hand...  they tend to get bent up when removed, especially if they get hooked in deep in the jaw.

And i do agree they do bend easy removing from fish which can cause those things to not run tru

I know several guys who change out wart hooks. They use mustad triple grip hooks and go up 1 size on the rear hook. Like Babbler says, ALWAYS a better mouse trap. My personal experience is not a problem, unless it's a real old wart with rusty hooks.

I personally don't care for the bronze hooks that come on Wiggle Warts. I don't think you hook as many half-hearted strikes as with premium hooks. My choice is Owner Stinger trebles in size 5. But that's just me.

ClassActionTransparent.png

I'm one of the guys that changes out stock hooks on just about all hard baits. For wiggle warts, I currently use Mustad KVD Short Shank trebles... Size 4 on the belly and 6 on the tail. Gamakatsu and Owner are also brands i use. My reasoning being the same as Champ and I have more confidence when I have quality hooks and split rings on my baits. Plus it gves me something to do in the winter and when I'm not fishing ;)

5 hours ago, Champ188 said:

I personally don't care for the bronze hooks that come on Wiggle Warts. I don't think you hook as many half-hearted strikes as with premium hooks. My choice is Owner Stinger trebles in size 5. But that's just me.

Look no further than this. As perfect answer are you are going to get.

I've done the KVD Elite's size 4 and 6 combo. It works well. But, I like the twin Owner size 5's better.