Bass Pro Shops buying Cabela's...

tley

2 hours ago, Sore Thumbs said:

Online business is killing retail stores everywhere. That's why customer service is so important. For some odd reason these stores haven't figured this out yet. 

As some of you know I design a few things for Bass Pro Shops and I get a chance to view sales of those items. I can assure you that their retail sales (stores) far out sells their internet sales. There is just something about seeing, touching and not having to wait and pay for shipping i guess.

I can't believe we don't have a decent tackle shop in the whole Lake Ozark area.  I'm actually embarrassed about the fact. 

We have two halfassed little tackle shops, Dick's, and Wal-mart..... that's it.  

So yeah, online shopping is the only way to go unless all you throw is Strike King crankbaits/spinnerbaits/jigs, and Zoom worms in the stupid-gay colors.   I got real pissed back in August when I drove over 60 miles and still couldn't find WORM WEIGHTS.    Gimme a break!

2 hours ago, Mitch f said:

Yes, for the most part. That's for top water, cranks and jerk baits. I make all my soft plastics and jig heads. But I still like Denny Dennis store in Fenton. They seem to have a good grasp of what's hot in the fishing world.

About a 5 min drive from my house. Like you said they seem to keep up on trends of what people are throwing and demanding. Last winter and spring we passed them every Saturday morning on the way to my 3 year old's gymnastics class there at The Little Gym in Fenton. I would look over to my wife with questioning eyes as we passed the building ......I would always get a NO evil eye or a verbal rejection. So secret TackleWarehouse packages it is.

20 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

I can't believe we don't have a decent tackle shop in the whole Lake Ozark area.  I'm actually embarrassed about the fact. 

We have two halfassed little tackle shops, Dick's, and Wal-mart..... that's it.  

So yeah, online shopping is the only way to go unless all you throw is Strike King crankbaits/spinnerbaits/jigs, and Zoom worms in the stupid-gay colors.   I got real pissed back in August when I drove over 60 miles and still couldn't find WORM WEIGHTS.    Gimme a break!

What colors are those as I haven't seen them on the shelves? Rainbow? Fruit Cocktail? Flamer Orange? Pansy Purple?

4 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

Bullfrog, Cotton candy, Smoke purple.... Who throws that crap on LO ? 

I don't fish LOZ and haven't in about 10 years so I don't know what works there. But I know on Table Rock I have torn them up on both Cotton Candy and Smoke Purple. Love the Ozark Smoke (Smoke Purple color) in the YUM Dingers. It's been a while but I used to do pretty well on TR throwing a Cotton Candy Zoom Centipede on a small carolina rig on spinning gear.

This "merger" has been in the works for a few years. Johnny Moneybags knew when he acquired Ranger who their No. 1 dealer is nationwide --- Cabela's. Now he owns both the manufacturing and retail ends.

ClassActionTransparent.png

9 minutes ago, Champ188 said:

This "merger" has been in the works for a few years. Johnny Moneybags knew when he acquired Ranger who their No. 1 dealer is nationwide --- Cabela's. Now he owns both the manufacturing and retail ends.

That, and their credit card business. Can't really put Rangers in BPS next to Nitros. Now he has ready made outlets.