OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
ness

Whatchya Drinking?

Well, we get the odd posts here and there about what we're drinking, so I thought I'd start an ongoing thread to post what we're up to liquid-wise. I'll start it off with a re-post or two from the What's Cooking thread:

KC Bier Company has been around a few years but just got their bottling line running. They focus on German styles and do a great job. Bottles hit stores today.These are both excellent.

Good malt, light on the hops. A dark beer for folks that don't think they like dark beers:

IMG_2886.jpg

Their Hefe weizen has the tartness I like, but I can't drink more than a couple:

IMG_2884.jpg

An oldie but goodie -- I'll buy it now that it's in cans. The bottles were often skunky:

image.jpeg

rps and Gavin mentioned dilly beans in a Mar-tooni. I gotta say, it's a winner! This one was vodka with Noilly Pratt (IIRC)

IMG_2726.JPG

So, what's in your glass?

I am a very boring Beer person.  MGD or Miller Lite if they're out of MGD.  All the fancy eclectic beer that everyone raves about always tastes like piss and gives me a headache.  I quit even trying different beers because I never really like any of them.  There is either an aftertaste that won't go away, or there is a headache 30 minutes after finishing one.  

Bourbon/Whiskey straight with a chaser.  Turkey, Beam, Jack, Crown, Makers....they are all good, but Southern Comfort is disgusting swill. 

Never touch gin or vodka. Don't care much for rum either. 

Tequila? Never met one I didn't like, but usually just buy Quervo gold. Shots or a margarita....or a shot chased with a margarita. 

On the wine list I like Redwood Creek Chardonnay with baked fish or salmon.  All red and purple wines remind me of my Mad Dog 20/20 days....and I ain't going back there ever again.  

8 hours ago, fishinwrench said:

All red and purple wines remind me of my Mad Dog 20/20 days....and I ain't going back there ever again.  

many adventures in life were caused by that stuff !!

I just about stopped with drinking when I met my wife And never regretted it. Prior to that I used to prowl every honky tonk in St Louis and over in Il on the E Side. Even then it was not the booze it was the tail in those places. Was a crazy time in my life itis a wonder I lived through it. I did sone crazy stuff that should have gotten me killed. The E side in the early 60's ws a good plce for that. Tody I drink ater ,milk,and juice.

I have never been a bar person, don't even like them.  But mostly I am on the same page as FW with a few exceptions.  I do like some of the specialty beers like Shock top lemon, and good darker beers like Dos Equis.  Love me some Vodka, don't even like the smell of Rum, MD 20/20 has some very hazy bad memories associated with it.  I do enjoy a nice dark red wine though.  I don't drink much anymore though, weekends at friends house for supper I will usually have wine, or coke and crown.

4 hours ago, Old plug said:

I just about stopped with drinking when I met my wife And never regretted it. Prior to that I used to prowl every honky tonk in St Louis and over in Il on the E Side. Even then it was not the booze it was the tail in those places. Was a crazy time in my life itis a wonder I lived through it. I did sone crazy stuff that should have gotten me killed. The E side in the early 60's ws a good plce for that. Tody I drink ater ,milk,and juice.

I didn't start drinking when I met my wife but I do drink a lot more, now.

I was up in Iowa a few weeks ago. Stopped in the Amana Colonies for a few hours. They look at things differently up there. 

IMG_2720.JPG

11 minutes ago, BilletHead said:

Plain old water, natures first drink. On the rocks. Drink this in moderation. You can overdose on too much. Everything in moderation. May have a ginger beer with my popcorn tonight :) .

DSCF1800.JPG

BilletHead

My favorite weekday beverage! I made a pact with myself at a very young adult age, not long after turning 21, that I wouldn't consume alcoholic beverages during the work week. Working with a hangover is no fun! 

But when the weekend comes around, it's a different story. Though it too has greatly mellowed over the years. 

I have 3 standards that I don't vary from. 

Wild Turkey, Budweiser, Zing Zang. 

I will occasionally try a craft beer. But most times only on someone else's dime. Just not a fan.