Indian Point this morning

vernon

Something that might be worth a shot in those smallmouth rich waters you are fishing is a tube or Gitzit.  Texas rig it, or fish it on a jig head and drag it on the bottom.   I am going to try one myself next time out, spots and LM's will eat them too.  They may not like them, but always worth a try in the fall.

5 hours ago, Quillback said:

Something that might be worth a shot in those smallmouth rich waters you are fishing is a tube or Gitzit.  Texas rig it, or fish it on a jig head and drag it on the bottom.   I am going to try one myself next time out, spots and LM's will eat them too.  They may not like them, but always worth a try in the fall.

Thanks Quill. You know, I got a bunch of em' but haven't thrown one in quite a while. 

I'm willing to try anything at this point - I'm dying here!  Despite the wind, fished hard today and switched up stuff often. 

Only fish all day was a 15" skinny as a starved dog largemouth, 30 ft deep in 60 ft of water on a centipede. And if that isn't bad enough it was while I was opening a desperation/consolation beer!

Golf tomorrow. I need a change of pace in where I seek out my inner frustrations!

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."  George Carlin

"The only money ever wasted is money never spent."  Me.

10 hours ago, vernon said:

Thanks Quill. You know, I got a bunch of em' but haven't thrown one in quite a while. 

I'm willing to try anything at this point - I'm dying here!  Despite the wind, fished hard today and switched up stuff often. 

Only fish all day was a 15" skinny as a starved dog largemouth, 30 ft deep in 60 ft of water on a centipede. And if that isn't bad enough it was while I was opening a desperation/consolation beer!

Golf tomorrow. I need a change of pace in where I seek out my inner frustrations!

You are turning to golf in an effort to alleviate frustration?

ClassActionTransparent.png

Vernon, I went through the same thing a week and a half ago. Switched to a UV green pumpkin shaky head to scratch some fish out. No big ones but enough fish to make me feel better about myself.  Kept thinking I should get the c rig out but never did. Be safe, enjoy your time and keep us posted. 

1 hour ago, Champ188 said:

You are turning to golf in an effort to alleviate frustration?

Nobody said anything about "alleviate." Rather, I'm seeking an alternative source!

You know how sometimes when your foot hurts really bad, if you bang your thumb really hard with a hammer it makes you forget about the foot?

THAT'S what I'm talking about. 

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."  George Carlin

Having the same problem the last two days.  Last week (see my most recent post on Indian Point) had three days in a row of limits of keeper SM around Indian Point but they turned off for me.  I can see them on the graph in about 10 fow on the edges of the pole timber on the inside pockets off the main gravel lake points.  Tried many things including the stuff mentioned above.  Hope today is better.

1 hour ago, bobby b. said:

Having the same problem the last two days.  Last week (see my most recent post on Indian Point) had three days in a row of limits of keeper SM around Indian Point but they turned off for me.  I can see them on the graph in about 10 fow on the edges of the pole timber on the inside pockets off the main gravel lake points.  Tried many things including the stuff mentioned above.  Hope today is better.

In my experience, smallmouth are the "women" of the bass species --- moody, flighty and downright unpredictable. Just when you think you have them eating out of your hand, they steal away in the dark of night for the next county. And some of 'em are just bat-dung crazy.

ClassActionTransparent.png

25 minutes ago, Champ188 said:

In my experience, smallmouth are the "women" of the bass species --- moody, flighty and downright unpredictable. Just when you think you have them eating out of your hand, they steal away in the dark of night for the next county. And some of 'em are just bat-dung crazy.

Whoaaaa!  Easy Donald!  You're gonna be all over CNN tonight!

HOWEVER - you got my vote!

2 hours ago, bobby b. said:

Was out this morning for a couple hours and picked up a short Spot and a similar Smallie on the jig in about 15 ft. So unaccustomed to action that I missed three others. 

Even when I'm right I'm wrong.

Off to Buffalo Ridge to hit my thumb with a hammer!

Back at em' once they think I'm gone. 

2 hours ago, SplitG2 said:

Vernon, I went through the same thing a week and a half ago. Switched to a UV green pumpkin shaky head to scratch some fish out. No big ones but enough fish to make me feel better about myself.  Kept thinking I should get the c rig out but never did. Be safe, enjoy your time and keep us posted. 

Thanks. Appreciate the support. Ain't given up. No way, no how.