OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Bassin' fool

First time at Masters

I will be putting in at Masters tomorrow morning for the first time, this will also be my first time on the little sac arm. I was wondering if anyone knew how the bite has been in that area, and if there's anything to watch for as far as sand bars or trees on the main lake where I'll be running faster. With the lake as low as it is I always try to get as much info as possible before going out in a new area just to be safe. Any advice is appreciated, thanks! 

Edit: I guess I forgot to mention I will be targeting bass and possibly walleye. 

When you come out of the cove where the masters ramp is be careful about cutting thru between the island and the shore on your right as it will be shallow in spots with the lake down 4'. If you go up in maize creek stay to the left and out a 100' or so from the tree line. DO Not Run UP THE RIGHT SIDE OF MAIZE. A few shallow gravel points on main lake that are pretty easy to spot.

Thank you! I was looking at my hot spots map but with the lake down I know that isn't very accurate. I will probably try to fish some main lake stuff around the 245 bridge,  or I might run up north to price branch. Either way the info is much appreciated,  thanks again! 

Well we started our morning off near the 245 hwy bridge flipping laydowns and bouncing square bills off the rocks. Had  3 chunky short smallmouth on a jig and 2 keeper lm on the square bill. Decided to go try maize creek but with the strong south wind it would have been more of a challenge than I was up for, so we checked out the map and headed up to price branch. Only managed a handful of short fish (all on square bills) before we thought we'd try to make it back to the masters cove before the wind got too crazy. Fished a little bit across from the beach and caught 4 more shorts and had a very nice largemouth get off at the boat ?. Although not the most productive morning it was great to get to explore some new water, i will definitely be returning to Masters and hopefully next time the wind will cooperate! All fish were caught on a translucent white/blue Raw Outdoors square bill and a black/blue 3/8 oz flippin jig rigged with a power bait chigger craw