Youth Season

moodyfour

Overall a rough weekend for my 9 year old and myself. Did not see a deer either morning, but the afternoons were a touch better.  Saw 2 does and 2 fawns Saturday evening, but they stayed just out of comfortable shooting range for my son.  Sunday evening did not see a deer till 5 mins before legal shooting ended. Watch him come across the field from a long way, but could never get him to stop longer than 3 seconds max. He was a good buck, just wish he would have stoppped longer than he did.  Had another deer come through right after him, but yet again had a hard time getting it to stand still for my son to get a good shot.  

My son enjoyed going, just wish he could have gotten a shot off!  Now we will wait for regular gun season!  

You are teaching him well.  He did not shoot outside of his comfort range, and you were conscious of the legal time.  You are doing it right.   

Money is just ink and paper, worthless until it switches hands, and worthless again until the next transaction. (me)

I am the master of my unspoken words, and the slave to those that should have remained unsaid. (unknown)

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Sorry for the late post I forgot there was a spot for this on here thi pic is of my son (left) and my nephew ( right) on opening day of youth season. Both of the deer are nine points taken off of two different properties. this was my sons second year and my nephew's first. I have hunted the property were my nephew shot his deer and have never seen a deer that large my dad took him and they were not in the stand twenty .in till he walked out at around fifteen yards from them my sons was at about fifty yards chasing a doe

20161029_103328.jpg

• Members

Yes it was my sons second buck he got a seven point last year. my nephew Is still wondering why me or his grandpa havent shot one like that before. his mom had it mounted for him for christmas