Jump to content
OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
brittsnbirds

"NEW" CG 5 @ Montauk??

Recommended Posts

Was down the week prior to close of Catch and Keep, as well as weekend.  Park was packed and talked with several others about the park filling up during the week.  During a conversation with several locals they told me that the DNR decided to put in a new CG 5.  It will be located at the farthest end by the new shower house, other side of CG 4.  Before I left on Sunday there was equipment delivered down there. 

 

Hopefully that will help the overcrowding.  

 

I like Montauk but after experiencing the poor fishing this past visit and the crowded atmosphere I'm inclined to keep my allegiance at Bennett and save me 2 hours of drive time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, brittsnbirds said:

 

I like Montauk but after experiencing the poor fishing this past visit and the crowded atmosphere I'm inclined to keep my allegiance at Bennett and save me 2 hours of drive time.

If it makes you feel any better, Bennett wasn't fishing real well either.  I had two nephews that made a trip down and they only caught about 15 fish between the 2 of them from Friday morning till Sunday around 12:30ish. 

I think I may have managed about 15 each of those days.  Monday late afternoon the fishing picked back up again. I'm thinking the weather and the huge amount of pressure associated with the nice weather had them a little hook shy.  Monday from 2 till the whistle I caught more than I caught all weekend combined. 

 

As as far as a new campground goes, good luck. It'll still be packed unless you reserve well in advance.  It may give you a little more lead way time to get reservations though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they aint working on a new CG, they are rebuilding the sewer pond, they have been talking about a new loop, but it is still just talk, but I could be wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Planned expansion was Scheduled for 2015, but it was not funded. Thinking doubtful now with Greitens in Office. Busiest Park in the system, sure to be a money maker.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Gavin said:

Planned expansion was Scheduled for 2015, but it was not funded. Thinking doubtful now with Greitens in Office. Busiest Park in the system, sure to be a money maker.

 

Buiser than Bennett??? Not sure about that Gavin. Especially with all the floaters that float the Niangua and stay at Bennett campgrounds. I could be wrong though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2017 at 6:34 PM, NoLuck said:

Buiser than Bennett??? Not sure about that Gavin. Especially with all the floaters that float the Niangua and stay at Bennett campgrounds. I could be wrong though. 

Will take a look at my last tag number from Montauk last year and let you know NoLuck.  If you have one from around the same date at BSSP last year might give us a good idea!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×
UA-350093-3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.