Trip Report With A Few Pictures 11/3/2016

joeD

Agreed Paul. You can most always tell when a person is using weird angles and close ups to try to make a fish seem bigger than it is. Smalliebigs started me on the Hog Trough and I love it. It's really cool to throw in a hog trough photo along with the rest. I also like that clear plexiglass box that Phil Lilley uses on those big trout pics.

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

17 hours ago, MOsmallies said:

I've always felt the same way. Why make a good fish look bad by not getting the best possible picture of it. Hold it out, get a good angle and the best lighting possible so you can truly appreciate the fish afterwards. I am strictly catch and release so the photos of my big fish are like trophies. They help me re-live those great moments. That being said, I hate when people hold a fish out and then claim the fish is bigger than it actually was. As long as you are honest about the size of the fish, make it look as good as possible even if that means you have to long arm it a little

I don't know how anyone can say the first pic doesn't look better than the second pic...

IMG_7464[1].PNG

IMG_7463[1].JPG

First picture has been edited -- highlights and contrast at least, probably saturation too. Taken in better light, as it's overcast. Second is right out of the camera with the sun behind. Could be improved, but started as a fairly bad picture.

Some would say the fish and hands in the first look like they came from somewhere else...

John

3 minutes ago, Flysmallie said:

Part of that is because of the fisheye lens. You can tell by the curvature of the horizon. Probably a shot from a gopro. 

Good point 

John