OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brian Sloss

11/5/16 fishing/National Geographic-like experience

So while doing a guided fishing trip today, I witnessed the coolest National Geographic type moment ever. As the first fish of the day was landed just across from the Greer boat ramp, we heard loud crashing noises at the top of the ridge on the south side of the river. We all look to the crashing sound and down from the top of the ridge, a doe comes running like a bat out of hell towards the river with a large coyote right on its heels. The doe dives into the river about 25 yards from the drift boat. The coyote turns back at the rivers edge and retreats up the ridge. The doe had a cut on its muzzle,indicating a battle before reaching the safety of the water. By the way, fishing was pretty good.   My guys were first time fly fishers and caught around 25 rainbows including a 17 incher and a 17.5 incher and one 20+incher that was hooked and lost.  

Wow, that must have been cool! I can't even watch those nature videos of predators catching and killing a deer. A big cat usually makes short work of it, but coyotes and wolves are eating them while there are still alive, many times while still standing...makes me want to take a rifle and pick them off one at a time. ?

First timers with 25 fish? That just ain't right. Where's the fishless suffering? I hope there were a bunch of tangles, treed flies, broken tippets and missed fish too. :D

10 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

Wow Ness!  That's a lot of anger.  Did you work on your deck all weekend or what?:D

No, he's just worn out from carrying Ted Nugent's amplifier at the Trump rally.?