What's Cooking for Thanksgiving?

rps

I have begun my planning for Thanksgiving.

Who will you invite? What will you serve? Any tips or recipes to share?

I will answer these questions after a few responses.

Hard to go wrong with turkey, mashed potatoes & green beans. Could do fresh ones in a big pot filled with chicken stock onion pepper and bacon. Easier than casseroles, and always more flavorful liquid for a second or third batch. Good for you. Ours in town is the Saturday before and we take a family trip Thursday-Sunday.

We'll probably have 15-20 friends and family over. Smoked turkey and venison sausage dressing will be my job. Home made pies are usually the highlight, if everything goes off as planned we'll have a couple of pies to take on our fishing trip Friday. 

His father touches the Claw in spite of Kevin's warnings and breaks two legs just as a thunderstorm tears the house apart. Kevin runs away with the Claw. He becomes captain of the Greasy Bastard, a small ship carrying rubber goods between England and Burma. Michael Palin, Terry Jones, 1974

19 minutes ago, Greasy B said:

We'll probably have 15-20 friends and family over. Smoked turkey and venison sausage dressing will be my job. Home made pies are usually the highlight, if everything goes off as planned we'll have a couple of pies to take on our fishing trip Friday. 

You mean 15-21 friends, I'll be there!!?

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

21 minutes ago, Smalls21 said:

i will be having thanksgiving at my parents, i am going to bake a ham.( just gotta find a good glaze to use)

I smoke my hams but like to coat them with honey and then smother it with Bad Byron's Butt Rub. There have never been any complaints. 

1 hour ago, Flysmallie said:

I smoke my hams but like to coat them with honey and then smother it with Bad Byron's Butt Rub. There have never been any complaints. 

gonna do honey for sure, but not sure what seasonings mix with the honey