OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Dan the fisherman

Spooning striper

Took me all of 3hrs today to find them. And like the post states "spooning striper" is what I did. I only managed to get 3 before the moved out but the fun was fast with lots of action.  I was using my shaky head rod with 15pound braid and 8 pound leader. Biggest was just under 15 and the rest were 10-12 pounds. I kept one for mom and the rest went back as I'm burned out on eating fish.  Water temp was 49-51air temp was 40.  Check this pic out of my graph. Sorry the pics r kinda fuzzy cuz I was fighting a fish. 

IMG_1002.JPG

IMG_1003.JPG

I have not had much luck with spoons in about a year. They are supposed to be simple but I have gone into a dryspell with spoons. 

I went last week on a hot tip. Didn't work for me.  Probably not going back for a while.  Too many other things going on. 

10 hours ago, Dan the fisherman said:

Am I the only one dumb enough to fish in the cold or everyone being tight lipped 

I am recovering from knee surgery, but if not I would be out there chasing black bass.  Dependent on the weather, I won't go if it does not get over 32.  These 8 degree mornings they have predicted coming up, no way I am fishing.

That graph is what it's all about.  30 minutes of that makes up for a day of searching...

I am a spooner as well if the circumstances permit, although dragging cranks is a hoot too when you find suspended fish and I do a lot of that as well.  I won't be able to get out until next week but you can bet I will have a few tied spoons on.

Mike