Odd hooks

17 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

The guy i seen selling them says.....

Pfffft!   That dude hasn't even thrown any soft plastics since they hit the market.   Bet ya a dollar.  ?

And if he did the fish weren't jumping.  

I wasn't aware there was a problem with fish "throwing" the other ones.  

Did he happen to say if any of them ever stuck in a fishes mouth?  With that goofy gap, it may be hard to stick a fish.  And if they never stick, he is safe in saying they are hard to throw.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

They got best of show at iCast last year.  Doesn't really say why they are better other than that traditional j-shaped hooks tend to rotate which saws bigger holes in the fish's mouth which in turn causes the hook to rotate out of the fish's mouth.  Plus they say it holds the bait on better.

https://www.trappertackle.com/

-- Jim

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -- Doug Larson

Seems to have a dramatically elevated point, but a small bite. Worth a try, I would like to see them rig it

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

Anybody remember the Eagle Claw 45 Auto worm hooks ?  Crazy.

I was a Tru-Turn guy until Gami wide gaps hit the market. The alleged science behind them is questionable but I did catch a lot of fish on them.  I bought some for catfishin' awhile back.  You never hear anyone talk about them but they are actually a darn good hook after you sharpen them a bit. 

Circle hooks totally blow my mind. I'll never use one, my mind just can't accept it,  but somehow they must work very well because alot of guys swear by them.

21 minutes ago, fishinwrench said:

Anybody remember the Eagle Claw 45 Auto worm hooks ?  Crazy.

I was a Tru-Turn guy until Gami wide gaps hit the market. The alleged science behind them is questionable but I did catch a lot of fish on them.  I bought some for catfishin' awhile back.  You never hear anyone talk about them but they are actually a darn good hook after you sharpen them a bit. 

Circle hooks totally blow my mind. I'll never use one, my mind just can't accept it,  but somehow they must work very well because alot of guys swear by them.

Circle hooks only work when the fish are biting.