Couple big fish left 1-21-17

• Members

My wife and I took our annual trip to roaring river 1-21-17. Lots of trout willing to bite jigs specially when dropping to 2 lb test leaders. She caught 2 lunkers first thing of the morning on a chartreuse/pink jig.I didn't get any big bites but caught enough fish to fulfill me until next years trip primarily on an olive and orange jig. Lots of people enjoying the weather. I'm impressed by the consideration of most anglers this time of year, it makes for a good trip.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

That's a tough spot speaking from experience to get them going-deep water unless you get to lower end of the pool. Watched what appeared to be a pretty good fishermen release a couple big fish only to have them bottom out. Stepped in the water a couple holes down from the twin falls to work with one I thought was ready to go and watched it swim off only to sink. Congrats to the Mrs. on a couple tanks.

Yep you have to make sure you are extra careful because March 1st they will be atrached to a stringer and drug around all day like a trophy. If they still look decent after all that they will hit the frying pan. 

“Anybody opens their mouth, gonna get a bullet. Anybody moves a little weird, little sudden, gonna get a bullet. Not a warning. Not a question. A bullet.”  - Major Marquis Warren

• 1 month later...