Last weekend's trip

cracklebak

• Members

My brother and I came down Friday after work and left Sunday around noon. We fished most of the nights both nights, with varying results. I was excited to try something new so I threw some stick baits as the "flow powers that be" updated forecasts all weekend for 35mW of water. Never got any water at all... which from what I have researched is not good for that type of fishing. BUT, I did it anyways! My brother did well picking up several fish on smaller jigs and sculpin patterns on the fly rod, but I kept chucking the sticks. It reminded me of Musky fishing in Canada..... a lot of throwing, a little catching. I did hang in to a beautiful bow early Sunday/late Saturday though! 

imagejpeg_0_1485676406362_1485880323920.jpg

• Members

Thanks fellas! Ruthead you should come next time. You in?

It was definitely a drag throwing those knowing it was far from ideal conditions. I was out in front of outlet 3, just upstream. Never caught much there. Was my first toss while walking by there toward rebar. I'd caught one fish and several strikes the previous 6 hours, just couldn't stop at that point. Glad I didn't! That's the biggest trout I've landed.