2017 garden thread

BilletHead

That is what I did,just drained them. The peppered vinegar sounds good. 

Warmed up last night. Waiting for LST here by the little pond. Skeeters biting. Boy you and the Mitch man are up early!

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

10 minutes ago, BilletHead said:

That is what I did,just drained them. The peppered vinegar sounds good. 

Warmed up last night. Waiting for LST here by the little pond. Skeeters biting. Boy you and the Mitch man are up early!

BilletHead

I wasn't planning on getting into the deer blind this morning. I don't know about Mitch but I have no excuse to be up this early like someone on a pending duck hunt ☺! 

Still eating tomatoes but down to three big ones and a couple a dozen cherry ones. Cleaned out all the vines - only fall lettuce left. Best tomato year I can remember but can't say that about my fall lettuce. Thinking about planting more lettuce and gamble on a mild winter.

Pulled out the maters a couple weeks ago. Got a bunch of volunteer lettuce and radishes coming up — some in the beds but a lot in the mulched area that surrounds the beds too. I let the spring crop go to seed before I pulled it. Oops. 

John

My Betterhalf pulled out a dozen fingerling sweet potatoes from vines that were planted mid summer in a large pot by our garage. We should be done until we start our plantings for next year.