OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
BilletHead

2017 garden thread

Makes me want to go to the store and buy 12 heads of lettuce and stage a one-up picture on my ratty old deck, but I don't know if it could handle the weight ?

Always wanted a rain barrel,

So we ordered one and got it installed. Where we put it water drains from approx 1/4 of the house roof. Had an inch and a quarter of rain and this morning the barrel is full. Sixty gallons. We have it close to the garden pond. We will use this big time watering and topping off the pond due to evaporation. Do not know why it took us this long to get one. May get another.

DSCF2304.JPG

DSCF2305.JPG

So we are now beyond the last day of the average killing frost in mid west Missouri. How many of you all have tomatoes and pepper plants out ? I think I will start putting them into the ground today.

BilletHead

I should have planted yesterday but got busy doing other things, now I have to wait a few days for it to dry out enough to work it.  Oh, I am not concerned, don't like having to water in april, so only things I have worried over is the cold frame and strawberries.

Saturday I transplanted lettuce and tomatoes. Planted bush beans, beets, radishes and more lettuce. Really scaling back the number of different things this year. 

2 hours ago, ness said:

Saturday I transplanted lettuce and tomatoes. Planted bush beans, beets, radishes and more lettuce. Really scaling back the number of different things this year. 

I figured you were eating tomatoes already? Please excuse me I have to clean a wild turkey :) .

BilletHead