2/14/17 fishing trip report

Ham

2 minutes ago, JestersHK said:

@Phil Lilley Any negative impact to the fishing when they drop the lake like that?  I wonder what the trophy area looked like with the water that low...  Possibly some land locked fish at that point?  

It wasn't land locked when we left, but pretty close. 

Every Saint has a past, every Sinner has a future. On Instagram @hamneedstofish

I would have caught 100 if they had just run the 35 like projected. 

I was Happy with my numbers, but anyone can do this. Buy some Zig Jigs or PJ's and get after it. 

I fish hard and put my time in, but it's not magic. 

• Root Admin

They ran water this morning and the lake is back up.  I never found out why they did that...  No ill effects.

The triploids - their adipose fin will be clipped.  I can't see it in the photo.

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

I've never been up there when they turned the water OFF. I thought that was the "normal" look when the water was off. Some of the riffles we floated through were 4 inches deep maybe.

the colors of that Brown were unusual. I didn't know to look or get a decent pic of adipose fin. I didn't consider the triploid possibility until I after I released it. 

1 hour ago, aarchdale@coresleep.com said:

What rod do you use Ham?  I think you said a month or two ago it was some sort of Browning in another thread.  Im with Phil i cant seem to cast jigs very for with 4lb

I used to favor the Dorbers OMT 84 UL and I still like it, but I've transitioned to the Browning Air Stream. It's a Bass Pro exclusive. It's light. It's sensitive. Loads and throws the Jigs really well. And best of all they are cheap. They raised the price 10 bucks this year AND I bet they will raise the price again next year. 

I have only used the 7 footer. It is a non buggy whip UL. I've heard some of the others are nice. 

Cajunangler gets all the credit for finding this little rod. It took me about 5 casts with it to know I was buying one. 

Nanofil out throws mono. I use 6 lb Nanofil.