P Line CX Premium

-- Jim

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -- Doug Larson

I always wonder why if a line that's rated at 8 lb. test has a much higher breaking strength, then I tend to suspect the line manufacturer of understating the line strength.  As far as I know there's no bureau of standards that measures fishing line breaking strengths.  Line diameter is another measurement you might want to look at when comparing lines.

If you're buying line that is rated at 10 lb. test, but breaks at 15 lbs of pressure, then that's not 10 lb. test line.   

1 minute ago, Quillback said:

I always wonder why if a line that's rated at 8 lb. test has a much higher breaking strength, then I tend to suspect the line manufacturer of understating the line strength.  As far as I know there's no bureau of standards that measures fishing line breaking strengths.  Line diameter is another measurement you might want to look at when comparing lines.

If you're buying line that is rated at 10 lb. test, but breaks at 15 lbs of pressure, then that's not 10 lb. test line.   

And don't try to get an IGFA line record with it.

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

P Line CX Premium is some of the thinnest line available on a lb test basis. That's gonna bum me out if it disappears from the market place 

Every Saint has a past, every Sinner has a future. On Instagram @hamneedstofish

26 minutes ago, Ham said:

P Line CX Premium is some of the thinnest line available on a lb test basis. That's gonna bum me out if it disappears from the market place 

I might pick up a spool of the CX mono. 

1 hour ago, Quillback said:

I might pick up a spool of the CX mono. 

It's a copolymer 

Every Saint has a past, every Sinner has a future. On Instagram @hamneedstofish

4 hours ago, Ham said:

It's bummin' me out for sure.  I love it because that outer skin is just as tough as CXX, but the CX Premium isn't like baling wire.   

It has a shelf life of FOREVER probably, but I am just not in the mood to stockpile a lifetime supply of it.  

I threw a fit on thier FB page but never even got a response.   It's obviously a one-sided love affair, and I'll just have to get over it.  ?

12 hours ago, Ham said:

Hmm...I always thought it was the other way around and that's why it was so strong.  But comparing it to Triline XL and XT of similar breaking strength it sure is thinner.  Bonus!

-- Jim

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -- Doug Larson