Water clarity

ryan

Guys what is the water clarity in the niangua arms and hurricane deck area?  How does it compare to the gravios-Dam area?  Also do you think this rain will muddy up the niangua arms and hurricane deck significantly?  Thanks for the input.  Have a great day and God bless.

In the Linn creek to Tantara area you have a couple foot visibility. The Niangua could be cleaner but from the pict I saw of the 8 lber it looked pretty stained as well. Last time I was up in dam area you had 6-7 foot visibility. Wish we had some rain to start the lake rising

Where is the best boat ramp/public to access in the vacinity of the niangua arms/hurricane deck area?  I am driving from Bolivar.  Also does anyone know or have a guess what water temps will be at the dam vs the niangua arms?  Figured they would warm a little faster with sun  due to having more color but doesn't look like the suns going to shine much this week.  I will be  fishing Thursday.  Thanks again.

• Members

There is a $10 private ramp right next to the hurricane deck bridge, connected to the hotel on the east side of the bridge. I think Captain Rons also has a launch, but I haven't found it by road. 

Hoping someone can chime in with upper osage or niangua water temp and clarity. 

Water temp today around noon at 7mm was about 50-51. Low water level and probably the recent cold snap made for very few crappie caught in my usual honey holes. What would normally be 18' deep was about 11'. Couldn't seem to locate them deeper.