Stclair Smallie's

Hog Wally

Fish and be happy. That's what i try to do

But smallieguy87, to answer your question from earlier, there's nothing wrong with constantly posting pics of big fish you have caught on the craw or any other bait - it's just annoying.

I know I haven't produced a picture of this 20 inch smallmouth and therefore risk never reaching guru status.  So, I will retract the statement. "I did not catch a 20 inch smallmouth recently ". Instead, I developed a 13 step fishing program to help myself deal with my frustrations and feelings of inferiority. 

All kidding aside, I do hope you get that 20, but don't get too hung up on it. There's nothing wrong with 12-19 inchers

I like catching many different species of fish, haven't even thought abut trying for the little daters and such, I have a tough enough time catching crappie and walleye.  I don't find it annoying in the least to see anyone posting pics of big smallies caught on an HD craw, jitterbug or whatever, I still like seeing them.  And the occasional pic of SmallieBiggs busted up nose.:blink:. I love smallies and almost never have my phone available to take a freshly caught pic.  When I shore fish I leave it in the truck, when I float it gets turned off and put in a sealed bag, inside a dry box.  I don't like to be called while fishing, it interrupts my good time, thus seldom any photos.  I also seldom actually mea sure a smallmouth as I don't keep them, i unhook it, admire it a little, maybe than him for letting me borrow a few moments of his time and release him.  I say keep posting pics of them, big or little, costs me money because even when I can't go fishing I can buy tackle.

2 hours ago, thewhitesnoop said:

I know I haven't produced a picture of this 20 inch smallmouth and therefore risk never reaching guru status.

Maybe that's the problem. You feel like you have something to prove and nothing to back it up. It becomes much more fun when you have nothing to prove. 

8 minutes ago, Flysmallie said:

Maybe that's the problem. You feel like you have something to prove and nothing to back it up. It becomes much more fun when you have nothing to prove. 

No truer words have ever been spoken. Do what you want and like it. I am much more happy when I decided to not give a crap about anything when it pertains to sports. My God and Family is a different thing than my hobbies.

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

No, no. it's not about me, or trying to sell baits, or pics. None of that stuff.

Young anglers out there:  Just remember to THINK FOR YOURSELF!

Don't rely on self promoted message board experts for your fishing info. Just because someone can operate a computer or has been fishing for years, can post a pic, catch a bass, get public accolades and ego strokes from their friends online, doesn't mean that they are the elite anglers. Develop your own style. You will never get better than these message board pros by following in their footsteps, which means you are cheating yourself. 

I'm no trying to say that any of these individuals are bad guys or sub par fisherman, no, they are great guys I'm sure and they obviously know how to catch fish. They love the same thing we all do. But once in a while it might not be a bad thing to hear a different viewpoint from a different perspective. So, I threw some stuff out there. 

1 hour ago, thewhitesnoop said:

No, no. it's not about me, or trying to sell baits, or pics. None of that stuff.

Young anglers out there:  Just remember to THINK FOR YOURSELF!

Don't rely on self promoted message board experts for your fishing info. Just because someone can operate a computer or has been fishing for years, can post a pic, catch a bass, get public accolades and ego strokes from their friends online, doesn't mean that they are the elite anglers. Develop your own style. You will never get better than these message board pros by following in their footsteps, which means you are cheating yourself. 

I'm no trying to say that any of these individuals are bad guys or sub par fisherman, no, they are great guys I'm sure and they obviously know how to catch fish. They love the same thing we all do. But once in a while it might not be a bad thing to hear a different viewpoint from a different perspective. So, I threw some stuff out there. 

Thanks for all your many view points   Now how about you go away   ?

• Members

Hmmmm. I will agree with portions of this thread. This whitesnoop guy says some questionable things, almost brash at times. And the handle whitesnoop is suspect at best. That being said, the guy makes some valid points. It appears he has ruffled the feathers of the smallmouth message board elitists. He's been called inferior, unable to eclipse the pinnacle of a 20" just because he produces no photos.

Seems odd that some are so open and willing to accept all viewpoints until someone has an angle that doesn't gel with there own . Could he possibly ill with all the boasting? Maybe. Does it effect his fishing? I don't know. Does he feel inferior because he doesn't post every 18" he catches, where he caught it, on what bait it was caught on and his location? Possibly.... 

I am a nobody. What would I know? Just food for thought.  Just because he doesn't subscribe to the smallmouth mafia mindset doesn't mean he should "go away...". Thats far from the friendly thing to say. Doesn't make me want to spend my hard earned buck buying the the high definition dances crawfish...

24 minutes ago, TheLargemouthalliance said:

Just because he doesn't subscribe to the smallmouth mafia mindset doesn't mean he should "go away...". Thats far from the friendly thing to say. Doesn't make me want to spend my hard earned buck buying the the high definition dances crawfish...

I don't think you understand how things work around here.

Chief Grey Bear

Living is dangerous to your health

Owner Ozark Fishing Expeditions

Co-Owner, Chief Executive Product Development Team Jerm Werm

Executive Pro Staff Team Agnew

Executive Pro Staff Paul Dallas Productions

Executive Pro Staff Team Heddon, River Division

Chief Primary Consultant Missouri Smallmouth Alliance

Executive Vice President Ronnie Moore Outdoors

• Members
Just now, Chief Grey Bear said:

I don't think you understand how things work around here.

Probably not Chief, probably not. Fortunately for me, that makes me no nevermind... I'll remain happy being a nobody and keeping my mouth shut regarding river fishing...I've paid my dues, learned through countless hours of casting, learned what works and what's a waste of time. I get one day a week to go. I'll be darn if I sit idly by and watch everything get spoon fed to everyone on a computer screen. You feel likewise I can tell

Thanks to TheLargemouthalliance for joining this site 33 minutes ago and diving straight into this topic.  We greatly appreciate your input.  Keep posting please.

I don't like to get mixed up in the subterfuge that regularly clouds this site.

I love the stories.  Indiscriminately. 

I love the photos.  Indiscriminately. 

I love to buy the soft plastic lures produced by some of our friends here.

Fish local, buy localer.

I support and "like" valuable posts.

The whitesnoop is a tool missing a bag or a box...he can choose his own home but please return there promptly.  Surely he's turned back into a pumpkin by now or his nanny has filed a missing person report.  His pertinent and respectable viewpoints are far outweighed by his majority posts of rambles and endless banter.

He's like Verbal Kint dissociated from Kaiser Soze, just another gimp.  Now I'm starting to think that TheLargemouthalliance is actually his nanny.  All's well that ends well. 

Phil please lock this thread.  We're done or in the very least degrading at an alarming rate.  Thanks