Crossbows???

grizwilson

On 3/17/2017 at 11:10 AM, JestersHK said:

I picked up a Barnett DOA last year during black Friday... Although there are some out there with issues I have been more than impressed with the performance and accuracy.

crossbownation.com  is a pretty amazing site.  Guys over there are super helpful and are more than willing to help you out.  One thing I learned quick was make sure to buy once cry once on arrows...  I had some arrows custom built at from Jerry at www.southshorearcherysupply.com  

His arrows are amazing and at even 30 yards I have to shoot at different bullseyes in fear of robinhooding an arrow.  I knew they were accurate, but the end results of literally shooting the same hole over and over blew me away...

I went with Horton for Accudraw.  Have joined crossbownation.com, information over load, learning quickly.  Planning on my next arrows from Southshore Archery, considering BEEs ? but will study more. Thanks for the intell

g

“If a cluttered desk is a sign, of a cluttered mind, of what then, is an empty desk a sign?”- Albert Einstein

HAHA Yep, I went through the same...  Great bunch of folks over there though.  Super helpful.  I went with the new Tactical Tapps Carbon 22in from SSAS.  

BEE's are great too from what I hear, tried and true.  I read so many good reviews on his Tapps figured I couldn't go wrong and was very pleased with the results.  Ordering some more here soon in case I lose a few during turkey season LOL.  

20161212_174627.jpg

JestersHK, shoot I looked at the video, my goodness will have to upgrade scope to shoot 100 yds, my o my.  Those must be good, and not that much more expensive. Does anyone have suggestions for a target, my white dock foam will not cut it.

“If a cluttered desk is a sign, of a cluttered mind, of what then, is an empty desk a sign?”- Albert Einstein

Bass pro sells a cheap red speed bag. Super easy to pull bolts out of. I also make one shot a season with broad head just to check 

A Little Rain Won't Hurt Them Fish.....They're Already Wet!!

Visit my website at..

Ozark Trout Runners

gallery4a082cb0bdef6.jpg

6 hours ago, grizwilson said:

JestersHK, shoot I looked at the video, my goodness will have to upgrade scope to shoot 100 yds, my o my.  Those must be good, and not that much more expensive. Does anyone have suggestions for a target, my white dock foam will not cut it.

Yeah, I never shot any other arrows, but don't see myself using anything else with the accuracy out of these.  I picked up the cheapie Buck Commander target from wal-mart for like $25 bucks.  It's holding up ok so far, if I hit the exact same hole at the same angle I've buried one up to the fletching.  They do come out super easy though.

One thing I will say is do not shoot them at the targets at Busch wildlife archery range.  The Carbon fuses to the burlap material that they use for targets, Plus I had about 4 inches of arrow sticking out the back...  Had to take a rock and hammer the fieldpoint from out the back to break the bond, and it left resin all over the arrow to boot...

learning as I go.... bought 6 pack TenPoint ProElite carbon arrows at BPS to get started for 60, got home found them on Amazon for 50 so returned BPS, now found them at James River Archery on s. Campbell Springfield for $7.50 each thus $45 from the little guy so I messed up.  Will likely try some others.  For sure SouthShorearchery.com

• 1 year later...

My Son has a Barnett Ghost he likes real well. I have a Ten Point that isn't afraid of killing.

oneshot