More messing with the fly vice

BilletHead

Got bored yesterday and got to messing with a critter. Not sure what to call it :) . One of a kind. Tied on a 60 degree bend heavy Gamakatsu size 1 jig hook. Put a big nickle bead on the nose for some weight. Rattle on the butt. Rubber legs on the trimmed bottom of the head so it will lay flat. Flash, buck tail and hackles. Head coated with Fabric paint like a shuttlecock. Sinks slowly and I think you could strip it or crawl it along the bottom like a sculpin or crawdaddy. Got three views here. A dry shot and then a shot in the water from above and then one underwater view,

DSCF2158.JPG

DSCF2159.JPG

DSCF2160.JPG

BilletHead

Got some shuttlecocks in the works also.

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

Nice Ronnie,

Well I just had to try the thing out :) . Hit a pond and went to casting. It worked on one anyways,

DSCF2161.JPG

Got short bit a lot also. Kept changing and sizing down to catch. Not sure if the colder nights took a toll or what.Some ponds actually iced back over in places. Ten Bass and two big bluegill. Now to the fly again. When I do another there will be some tweaking. Part of the time it wanted to turn over. So I am thinking put heaver eyes on it back some like a clouser. The big brushed out dubbing loop will cover up the eyes. The rubber legs right behind and in front of the eyes. Actually think about it. A bass will eat almost anything if it strikes his fancy. Guess that is why it is a tournament fish :rolleyes: .

BilletHead

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

Lefty Kreh

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

BilletHead

5 hours ago, BilletHead said:

Not sure what to call it :)

My Grandmother had a broach that was the first thing I thought of when I saw that first picture. Maybe my sister will let me cast it a few times...

Speaking of Shuttlecocks,

Yes Ronnie you should be working some of these up. I know you have an artistic side and that is part of the fun. I am getting as bad as those wiggle wort fanatics :) . What fish doesn't like red and white?

DSCF2163.JPG

Then the fire tiger,

DSCF2164.JPG

Another color I have not done until this latest batch. I had the pleasure to meet one of the neatest striper fisherman last year. Thanks to Bill Butts for letting me have the pleasure to meet the fellow and his wife. He kept telling me of a color he liked in a jig so I tried to do a couple for him. First one of my tying season I forgot the rattle so I did a second. He kept telling me kelly green and the stripers really liked that color. No idea what the color represents but hey the fish only know. I will get these sent to him for critiquing .

DSCF2165.JPG

Have another all white one to paint and put the head on. Thinking I am liking the red white one so  that is the way I am leaning. Got to have a back up one to go with the other.

Deadstream I guess I could cal it the Broach Roach :lol:,

BilletHead

Pogo

Lefty Kreh

Lefty Kreh

BilletHead

BilletHead

BilletHead