I just know ....

Champ188

Good stuff, Dave. I knew you'd take my ribbing in good nature. Might add Fayetteville to that banner storage options list. We have plenty of room, too.

Regarding the officiating, sure glad it wasn't me turning into a former media guy-turned-homer. Those are the very worst kind of homers.

Every coach I ever knew always said, "I can live with bad officiating as long as it's bad on both ends." When it becomes inconsistent, it affects the scoreboard and that's the last thing a good ref wants.

ClassActionTransparent.png

20 minutes ago, Champ188 said:

Good stuff, Dave. I knew you'd take my ribbing in good nature. Might add Fayetteville to that banner storage options list. We have plenty of room, too.

Regarding the officiating, sure glad it wasn't me turning into a former media guy-turned-homer. Those are the very worst kind of homers.

Every coach I ever knew always said, "I can live with bad officiating as long as it's bad on both ends." When it becomes inconsistent, it affects the scoreboard and that's the last thing a good ref wants.

I really think it's a question of three refs not being enough. Too many out of position calls being made, or calls with no sight line being made.

When you watch a JV game with two refs immediately followed by a V game with three, there is an obvious difference in the accuracy of things like travels, out line calls, closely guarded counts.

Just now, dtrs5kprs said:

I really think it's a question of three refs not being enough. Too many out of position calls being made, or calls with no sight line being made.

When you watch a JV game with two refs immediately followed by a V game with three, there is an obvious difference in the accuracy of things like travels, out line calls, closely guarded counts.

I agree. The game moves at the speed of light these days.

ClassActionTransparent.png

Don't forget the 3 point shot that Carolina clearly touched on the way up. Stopped the game for several minutes and said there was no visual evidence that it was touched when everyone watching at home could see it. That pissed me off worse. A bang bang play can get missed sometimes but a play being reviewed should never be missed.  It just seems like the Hogs are never the benefit of officiating. Always the one on the wrong side. I was proud of how they played in the second half. Coaching plan was a little suspect the last few possessions but all in all it was a good season with what we had. 

59 minutes ago, Sore Thumbs said:

Don't forget the 3 point shot that Carolina clearly touched on the way up. Stopped the game for several minutes and said there was no visual evidence that it was touched when everyone watching at home could see it. That pissed me off worse. A bang bang play can get missed sometimes but a play being reviewed should never be missed.  It just seems like the Hogs are never the benefit of officiating. Always the one on the wrong side. I was proud of how they played in the second half. Coaching plan was a little suspect the last few possessions but all in all it was a good season with what we had. 

They call that the "Mike Anderson Effect". I, as well as MU fans, know it all too well.

3 hours ago, Sore Thumbs said:

It was obviously touched by UNC player, but the only replay I saw, it looked like the ball landed in bounds and was then "saved" by an Arkansas player who threw it off another UNC player and there was till one second on the shot clock. 

Did I just see it wrong, or did the shot land inbounds?  I tried to look for footage on the internet but couldn't find any. 

I agree Dave. I cannot ever remember seeing calls made by refs that were completely in the wrong position to make the call.  Guys making calls from the top of the key looking at the players backs on plays in front of another official that is facing the play 5' away. This happened multiple time this weekend.  I forget the game but a ref made a foul call on a breakaway from the complete other end on a layup and there was no contact of any kind hand or body.  Just completely out of position to make any call period  I really don't think there has been a we'll officiated game yet  or one that I've seen   On another note  that Fox kid for Kentucky is one of the best guards still playing   He is a total Monster  march madness is won by guard play

2 minutes ago, Bill Babler said:

I agree Dave. I cannot ever remember seeing calls made by refs that were completely in the wrong position to make the call.  Guys making calls from the top of the key looking at the players backs on plays in front of another official that is facing the play 5' away. This happened multiple time this weekend.  I forget the game but a ref made a foul call on a breakaway from the complete other end on a layup and there was no contact of any kind hand or body.  Just completely out of position to make any call period  I really don't think there has been a we'll officiated game yet  or one that I've seen   On another note  that Fox kid for Kentucky is one of the best guards still playing   He is a total Monster  march madness is won by guard play

Bodes well for KU, unfortunately. Hard to root against kids like Mason and Graham though. 

Some of their other players, well, not so much. Turning into Switzer's OU out in Lawrence.