5 fish 31+ lbs?

shrapnel

13 hours ago, GSPHUNTER said:

To all of the A Rig haters...

Why the disdain for this method? 

I guess when you get haters, that's a sign that you've actually accomplished something.

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

People complain if your electronics are too good, your boat cost too much, you throw an A-rig, etc, etc. Somehow, they get it in their head that these are all magic fixes for those that can't catch fish. If that were the case, anybody should be able to go out with these tools and wack a 20# sack every time, right? That's far from the case. If you don't know how to find and catch fish in the first place, these aren't going to magically fix your problem. They may make the job easier for those that already have a clue though.

Fish with whatever is legal and have fun. A lot of people get offended and cry when it comes to fishing simply because they suck at it more so than others.

I like fishing the A-rig but only when they are really biting on it good. If you are fishing a tourney right now you better be throwing it unless you are some special pattern because it is a big fish bait. The arig was pretty magical when it first came out. I remember throwing it before a lot of people had one and man it flat out caught big fish all the time in the spring. I think the fish have become more conditioned to it now and it's more difficult to catch fish on. It's just hard to sling something like that all day and only get a handful or more bites on it in tournaments but that is how a lot are won this time of year. I hate when they get hung up too because you spook the fish where they are holding when you go to get it out. Weedless hooks help some but you also suffer hooking up with some fish as well. 

• Members

Best comment I've read on here in a long time. 

Question for you guys   When you bring one in on the A Rig and it is stuck in the side,back or anywhere else besides the inside of the mouth do You weigh it in ???

Question for you guys   When you bring one in on the A Rig and it is stuck in the side,back or anywhere else besides the inside of the mouth do You weigh it in ???

I gave up fishing tournaments a long time ago and I don't fish an A Rig. 

But the answer to your question is the same with any lure. If the fish is snagged then it's not a legal catch and is supposed to be returned to the water immediately. I lost a tournament on Table Rock that way one time. A well known and respected guide was running the tournament let one of his clients weigh in a fish that the client admitted to snagging. Not intentionally, but he did say it was snagged. Guide said as long as it wasn't intentional then it was a legal catch. Missouri fishing regulations tell a different story. That's about the time I gave up that sport.

The best part of that store is I had that fish in my boat earlier in the day. It was cruising the shallows and was obviously distressed. I trolled over and scooped it up with a net. Looked almost dead, blind in both eyes, pushing 7 lbs. Not only did the guy win the tournament he took big bass honors with that too. So don't get all high and mighty with the A Rig. Plenty of real cheating going on without it. 

• Members

I gave up fishing tournaments a long time ago and I don't fish an A Rig. 

But the answer to your question is the same with any lure. If the fish is snagged then it's not a legal catch and is supposed to be returned to the water immediately. I lost a tournament on Table Rock that way one time. A well known and respected guide was running the tournament let one of his clients weigh in a fish that the client admitted to snagging. Not intentionally, but he did say it was snagged. Guide said as long as it wasn't intentional then it was a legal catch. Missouri fishing regulations tell a different story. That's about the time I gave up that sport.

The best part of that store is I had that fish in my boat earlier in the day. It was cruising the shallows and was obviously distressed. I trolled over and scooped it up with a net. Looked almost dead, blind in both eyes, pushing 7 lbs. Not only did the guy win the tournament he took big bass honors with that too. So don't get all high and mighty with the A Rig. Plenty of real cheating going on without it. 

WOW  High and Mighty just asked a question.  Sorry You lost that tournament on TR. 

WOW  High and Mighty just asked a question.  Sorry You lost that tournament on TR. 

Sorry I didn't mean to direct that at you. I just see to many people slam that method for rediculous reasons. It's just another lure. I've used it but I was never impressed by its results.