21 March Upper End

rps

Fished 9:30 to 2:30 today. I threw a beautiful HD jig and craw to no avail. I could not believe they would pass on that work of art.

Around 11:00 I picked up the Ned rod and never put it down again. I lost exact count, but I finished with either 26 or 27 fish in the boat. All three species but no meanmouth. Two were over 15" and ten more were between 12 and 15 inches. The one in the picture below was 17 inches and the largest. I used PB&J to start with, but Mudbug (green pumpkin and light brown with black and copper flecks) out-produced it. I found the 1/8th ounce worked better in the wind that came up after the morning front came through.

I was broken off twice. Both times, larger fish took me to pole timber trouble. I also came inexplicably unbuttoned several times.

In other words I spent three hours catching and losing fish.

The other picture below is one of the two banks I fished. After I took the picture the stretch you see gave up another 10 fish, including the sole smallmouth.

Water temp 57 to 59.

fullsizeoutput_3cc.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3ca.jpeg

1 hour ago, SLIPPERY SI said:

We had a good outing yesterday in the Cape fair area...Rapala minnow was the winning ticket

4291.jpeg

you guys throwing the floater or a diver Rapala minnow?? Very nice fish